Head of Mathematics (GES Secondary) with opportunities in leadership and management Geneva English School is a not-for-profit school, which provides a high-quality, innovative and holistic international education. GES is offering a remarkable opportunity for resourceful and inspiring people to join its project of expansion to secondary education.
We are looking to appoint a full-time Head of Mathematics for September 2018, who will lead and develop mathematics education from Key Stage 3 into Key Stage 4 (GCSE/IGCSE) and beyond. At Key Stage 5 we plan to offer a pioneering A-level Baccalaureate, based on UK A-levels and incorporating the best elements of broad, modern international programmes. If the right candidate is available, an earlier start (from April 2018) might be possible.
Tasks and responsibilities
The role involves developing and leading all aspects of Mathematics at GES Secondary, initially teaching pupils in years 7, 8 and 9. Close liaison with the subject leaders in Mathematics and with other colleagues at GES Primary will be important, as we seek to provide continuity of education and encourage the sharing of ideas across the whole school.
As the school grows, opportunities to take on positions of responsibility will continue to arise. In particular, for September 2018, we are looking for someone who would like to take on some responsibilities in leadership and management, with a view to furthering their career in this direction. Possibilities include pastoral leadership, development of assessment, exams officer and timetabler.
The successful applicant will also act as tutor to a small, vertical tutor group, and will be expected to take a keen interest in all pastoral, academic and co curricular aspects of their tutees’ school life.
At GES, we keep an open mind in the consideration of any applicant who believes they have something special and valuable to contribute, including outstanding newly qualified teachers and people from other industries.
- Experience of teaching Mathematics at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
- An enthusiastic and creative approach to teaching, which inspires pupils and enables learning to be engaging and pupil driven
- A commitment to ensuring pupils develop a broad range of skills and attributes
- A commitment to an interconnected curriculum and to working with colleagues across a range of disciplines
- An ability to communicate effectively with pupils, colleagues and parents and to work as part of a collaborative team
- An interest in education beyond the classroom and across the age ranges
- Flexibility, a sense of humour, and a willingness to contribute to all aspects of school life, including trips, projects, special events and extracurricular clubs
- A degree in Mathematics or related subject
- Qualified teacher status
- Ability and willingness to teach other subjects or offer other skills
How to apply
Apply by submitting our GES Application Form to HR@geschool.ch before noon on Monday 29 January 2018. Interviews will be held in Geneva on Wednesday 7 February. The Application Form as well as further information is available on our website at http://www.geschool.ch/about/work-with-us/teaching-vacancies. The successful applicant will be working with a small team of outstanding teachers. In your application, you may wish to highlight what particular qualities, skills and characteristics you can bring to this team.
Geneva English School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and enhanced national/international criminal records checks.