HEAD OF MATHS
From September 2021 or sooner
Main Scale + TLR 1c (£12,113)
Permanent and full time
St Leonard’s Catholic School and the Directors of Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust invite applications for the post Head of Maths. The successful candidate will be a well-qualified, dedicated teacher with the skills, experience and qualities to lead this highly successful department which attracts high A level numbers. Applicants must be able to teach across the ability range including Maths at A-Level.
The successful candidate will have:
• A strategic vision for developing Maths.
• A clear commitment to nurturing and promoting the school’s distinctive ethos.
• A passion for providing the best possible holistic education for all pupils.
• Excellent leadership qualities and management skills.
• A commitment to maximising achievement through excellence in teaching and learning.
• An excellent track record as a classroom teacher and school leader.
We can offer:
• Taking Christ as the model for life, St Leonard’s Catholic School endeavours to pursue excellence in all and for all and is committed to the professional development of all staff.
• A high performing Catholic school in the middle of the historic cathedral city of Durham that has a clear mission and strong tradition dating back to 1936.
• A vibrant, well run, ambitious and caring 11-18 school of c. 1400 bright and enthusiastic students.
• A Sixth Form of c.240 students.
• A school where staff enjoy coming to work and are able to maintain a work-life balance.
• A professional climate where all staff are valued, listened to and who are able to fully use our gifts and talents.
• An excellent behaviour climate where staff can teach free from disruption.
We are passionate about our school and want to fill it with staff who share the same passion, values and drive. We would be delighted to answer any questions and can arrange a visit. Please simply email the Headteacher’s PA Elizabeth Turnbull on ETurnbull@st-leonards.sch.uk
CES application form and further details are available from:
St. Leonard’s Catholic School, North, End, Durham DH1 4NG (Telephone: 0191 3848575)
Details are also available on the school website:
Closing date for the receipt of applications is – Wednesday 24th February 2021 at 9 a.m.
Completed forms to be posted to the above address or emailed to: Recruitment@st-leonards.durham.sch.uk
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced D.B.S. check.
The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
This post is not open to job share.
St Leonard's Catholic School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years