Head of Maths Faculty
Salary: £51,562- £56,857 (LG10-14)
Start date: September 2020
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and successful classroom practitioner with strong subject knowledge, to lead our maths faculty. The successful candidate is likely to enjoy working with others and helping them achieve their potential as teachers and experience of leading change. S/he will be able to continue to improve our successful maths department, having achieved 86% or more each of the past 5 years and positive P8. The maths faculty at Bohunt School is a close-knit team, dedicated to supporting each other and our students; enabling both to thrive, develop and succeed.
The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
Are you able to:
• Demonstrate leadership qualities
• Express a clear vision for mathematics learning
• Show thorough knowledge of the maths curriculum
• Commit to, and raise further, high levels of achievement and motivation?
We will offer:
• A dedicated, hardworking team
• The opportunity to teach at A Level
• The chance to actively promote your career development
• Happy and enthusiastic students who want to learn
• The benefit of being part of our multi-academy trust, offering the support of experienced colleagues across our schools and greater opportunities for career progression
Bohunt School in Liphook was judged to be Outstanding in all areas in April 2013 and the School has received national coverage for a variety of innovative initiatives. Last summer’s GCSE results placed us in top 15% of non-selective schools nationally. Bohunt School opened a new 6th Form in purpose-built accommodation in 2017. Maths is the most popular A Level course and achieved very high results in both maths and further maths in 2019
Bohunt School is located in attractive, open country on the edge of Liphook (40 miles from London) with easy access to the A3 between Guildford and Portsmouth.
Bohunt Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment.
For further details on how to apply please visit:
or email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 09.00 on Monday 2 March 2020
Interviews week commencing: 9 March 2020