LEEDS COLLEGE OF BUILDING
HEAD OF MATHS
Salary: £34,703 - £40,204 per annum
Hours: 37 per week
We are seeking a Head of Maths to provide inspirational leadership of the Department and effective delivery of an outstanding Maths curriculum ensuring all our students make excellent progress.
The successful candidate would inspire lecturers and students to have a passion for the subject and to ensure the subject is vibrantly represented within the college community. The successful candidate will be:
• Committed to the teaching of Maths and creating and leading enrichment opportunities within the subject;
• An excellent classroom practitioner with understanding of high quality teaching and learning;
• Confident in designing and developing an outstanding, innovative and creative Maths curriculum comprised of high quality vocational and academic options;
• Experienced in successful teaching of Maths to GCSE and A level and of raising attainment;
• Able to create and lead departmental development and be experienced in supporting other staff to enhance teaching and learning;
• Committed to regular and on-going professional development;
• Able to develop, in all students and staff, versatile skills and attitudes required for lifelong learning in a rapidly changing world. In return, we can offer you:
• a warm and welcoming college with excellent benefits package including;
• an enviable 35 day annual leave entitlement in addition to statutory and additional bank holidays
• an excellent pension scheme (Teachers Pensions)
• free parking at all of our College sites on a first come first served basis
• family friendly policies
• high quality CPD to develop your career;
• supportive, hardworking staff, governors and parents;
• the satisfaction of making a real difference to the life chances of our students
Leeds College of Building Leeds College of Building are the only specialist Further and Higher Education Construction College in the UK and we are based in one of the top cities in the country. Established in the 1960's, we have built up an enviable reputation both regionally and nationally.
We deliver a comprehensive range of courses related to construction and the built environment, across Leeds and nationally, including apprenticeships, Further and Higher Education and business training.
The College is often commended on its high quality tuition, facilities and resources, reflected in the excellent success rates of our students. The number of students has expanded in recent years due to the high level of interest in construction and there are currently around 7,500 students.
There is a friendly and sociable atmosphere at all of our sites and our staff work hard to ensure students achieve their goals and receive the support and guidance needed to succeed.
Please note that all applications should be completed online. Please visit the vacancies section of our website at www.lcb.ac.uk. CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date: Sunday 20th May 2018 at 8pm
Interview date: Week Commencing 21st May 2018
Please note this position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The College is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is also committed to the ‘Prevent Duty’ and the requirement to prevent people being drawn into terrorism and expects all staff to share these commitments.