1. Develop, initiate and promote innovative and quality improvement strategies that will provide a rich and stretching Maths learning experience for all learners.
2. To have line management responsibility of the Maths Team and to secure the development and operation of an effective team.
3. Take responsibility for the development and implementation of all college-wide Maths curricula.
4. Contribute to the development and quality of teaching, learning and assessment, including producing high quality resources to match the needs of the curriculum and different abilities of learners.
5. To lead and coordinate the standardisation of Functional Skills.
6. To work collaboratively with vocational teams to develop and implement a contextual and integrated approach to Functional Skills maths.
7. To lead, motivate and develop staff in order to provide opportunities for staff to maximise their potential and develop their professionalism ensuring their skills and abilities are effectively deployed.
8. To ensure that all appropriate and relevant records are kept and maintained including any audit evidence requirements, timetables and registers.
9. To work with the Marketing Department on effective means of marketing the curriculum offer including involvement in school liaison activities.
10. To work with course teams on ensuring the delivery of appropriate high quality learning opportunities to learners.
11. To lead on new curriculum developments including higher Maths qualifications within the area.
12. To actively promote the Teaching and Learning Strategy and Equality and Diversity strategy.
13. To deliver 288 hours of scheduled teaching.
14. To implement cross college priorities and initiatives as appropriate.
15. To work with the Centre Directors and the Vice Principals on curriculum planning issues.
16. To regularly review and update as required data pertaining to the work of the curriculum area, ensuring that the College’s MIS contains timely and accurate data
17. Ensure that course teams set targets for retention, achievement and success and that progress towards targets are monitored.
18. Ensure that quality assurance procedures are rigorously implemented within the curriculum area.
19. Undertake learning walks, observations and performance management reviews as required.
20. Play an active role in the internal inspection process.
21. Ensure that arrangements are made for planning, reviewing and evaluating performance at course team level and at curriculum area level.
22. Ensure that the financial performance is monitored and reviewed with the Centre Director and Finance Director.
23. Monitor progress on quality improvement plans and report on progress to the Centre Director.
24. Undertake self-assessment with members of the team in preparing the self-assessment report for the curriculum area.
25. Facilitate the sharing of good practice.
26. To work with team members to ensure that the learners’ experience is of a high quality and that specialist services within the college are utilised as appropriate.
27. Manage the guidance, selection, admission and progression of learners in the area.
28. Together with the Centre Director deal with matters relating to learner performance, conduct and discipline.
29. To ensure that the views of learners are actively sought and that student feedback is acted upon.
30. Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.