We are looking for an outstanding Head of Maths
To start January 2018 or sooner if possible
Salary – Leadership Range: L6 – L10
Relocation package will be considered for a suitable candidate
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Queensbury School part of Feversham Education Trust – an outstanding, expanding multi academy trust. Queensbury is a friendly, thriving and stimulating place to work and study. We set high aims for every student and we wish to appoint staff that can inspire, have high expectations and will raise the aspirations of young people.
This is an excellent opportunity for a well-qualified committed professional teacher who has successful leadership experience, is inspirational, enthusiastic and forward looking to demonstrate the ability to lead a fantastic team. You will have the vision to build an outstanding department whilst adapting to the rapidly changing context of the new curriculum and exam reforms. The successful candidate will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team and will have the opportunity to contribute to the strategic developments of the school and across the Trust.
Queensbury School can offer you:
- Positive and polite students.
- The opportunity to join a high performing multi academy trust focused on learning.
- An excellent CPD programme and opportunities for all staff.
- The chance to be part of a successful and hardworking Maths Department.
- Professional and friendly colleagues with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- A Senior Leadership Team who believe in support and challenge in equal measure and see staff wellbeing as vital for all to be the best they can be.
We are seeking an individual who:
- Can use outstanding pedagogy and inspirational leadership to drive up results to ensure our students have every possible chance of success in life.
- Can be an outstanding practitioner, with an unwavering commitment to the highest standards for teaching and learning.
- Possess a strong desire to develop an outstanding department in which innovation is encouraged and excellent teaching can be accessed by all.
- Have excellent interpersonal and presentational skills.
- Have the ability to plan strategically.
- Can be receptive to change and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Can be flexible, collaborative and resilient.
- Is able to work well as part of a welcoming, hard-working and committed team.
- Have the ability to lead whole school initiatives.
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. Queensbury School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
More information about the post and a downloadable application form can be found on our website: www.qbury.com. All potential applicants are welcome to visit Queensbury School for an opportunity to learn more about the school and the role. Please contact Sue Hosker on 01274 410813 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Monday 25 September 2017
Interviews will take place at the end of that week.