Falkner House is a very happy and successful school with bright and enthusiastic children. As a highly selective school with a very strong academic tradition, the pace is fast, learning is enjoyable and the curriculum is broad. We are seeking someone confident, with a good sense of humour. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also required together with a strong work ethic and initiative.
The candidate will
- Teach Maths in Years 4, 5 and 6
- Oversee Maths teaching throughout both schools
- Prepare girls for 11+ examinations and scholarships for highly selective boarding and London day schools
- Relish teaching very able children
- Teach some general classes
- Have a dynamic approach, confidence, flexibility and a sense of humour
This role would potentially suit someone who has taught maths at a secondary level and or who has experience in the maintained sector.
Falkner House has its own salary scale and staff are very well rewarded. Falkner House is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please contact the school secretary on 020 7373 4501 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and more details in the post. Application form together with a cover letter and detailed CV should be sent to: Mrs Flavia Rogers, Headteacher, Falkner House, 19 Brechin Place, London SW7 4QB.
Closing Date: 25th April 2018