This is an exciting opportunity for a talented practitioner and leader of Mathematics to develop and lead the Maths provision across the academy.
In 2012, Bolingbroke Academy opened with the vision to create a centre of excellence. We are extremely proud of our outstanding first set of GCSE results in English, Maths, Science, Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) and Performing Arts. We are seeking an exceptional and inspiring leader to join our pioneering school and contribute to our school’s mission. This is a unique opportunity to be part of showing what non-selective education can achieve for all pupils in our community. Bolingbroke Academy provides a first class learning environment based on outstanding teaching, great relationships and excellent facilities.
We are looking for a leader who is passionate about maths and who can contribute more widely to the leadership of the school. Maths and Further Maths are highly popular subjects at Bolingbroke Academy with significantly more students choosing to study Maths at Key Stage 5 than other subject. We are looking for a teacher who has experience of great outcomes at KS4 and able to lead and teach A-level.
We are looking for an individual with a genuine passion for working at Bolingbroke Academy, a belief in the potential of every child and that through hard work all pupils and students can access and benefit from a university and high level apprenticeship education, and the courage and vision to lead others in making things happen.
This is a role for a leader who is able to take on significant responsibility in a high performing school.
In this role you will:
• Be an outstanding practitioner;
• Have a proven track record of raising attainment and be able to demonstrate success at GCSE and preferably A level in both Maths and Further Maths, but not essential due to experience within the department;
• Be an effective leader who is able to motivate and inspire others;
• Have high expectations for accountability and consistency;
• Have experience of leading and coaching others;
• Have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils;
• Be committed to Bolingbroke Academy’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses.
• Be proficient in the theory and practice of Maths Mastery methodology.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
• Teach within a growing Academy and lead the Maths provision;
• Join a network of Ark schools and gain access to an exclusive range of benefits, including reduced gym membership and a comprehensive CPD provision.
For further information about the role and the school and to apply please go to www.bolingbrokeacademy.org/vacancies.
Please apply at https://goo.gl/AgTtAa and submit your application no later than 11am on Thursday 22nd March 2018.
Deadline: 11am on Thursday 22nd March 2018
Location: Wandsworth, London
Start date: September 2018
Interviews: First round interviews to be held 26th March 2018.
Salary: Ark MPS (£28,799 - £39,195) or UPS (£44,261 - £47,998) (Inner London), depending on experience + TLR competitive
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.