We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic Teacher of Media and Film Studies to lead our successful and ambitious department. Media and film studies enjoy an extremely strong reputation within the school and are very popular A Level choices. Many students go on to successfully pursue their interest in these subjects at university. The department enjoys excellent facilities in a new state-of-the-art sixth form centre consisting of two media suites each with 20 iMacs, an editing suite for independent production work and a cinema room.
The person we are seeking will:
- be passionate about teaching media and film studies and bring energy, enthusiasm and new ideas;
- be a successful teacher across the ability range and be able to use this experience to develop the practice of others;
- have the vision and drive to secure continued improvements in standards of student achievement;
- be able to demonstrate proven leadership skills and a track record of inspiring and motivating students and staff;
- be able to inspire students to enjoy media and film studies both within and beyond the classroom.
Little Heath School is a highly successful comprehensive school (1,610 on roll, including 320 in the sixth form) situated in a pleasant semi-rural setting to the west of Reading, with good access to road and rail links. As a school, we pride ourselves on our Continuing Professional Development Programme, which supports teachers to continually improve their practice in innovative ways collaborating with other members of staff in order to develop their practice.
For an application form and information pack please contact Emma Tedstone at Little Heath School on 0118 9439503 or firstname.lastname@example.org Please address supporting letter of application to the Headteacher.
Closing date: Friday 27 March 2020.
Interviews will be held week commencing 30 March 2020.
Little Heath School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Little Heath School Governing Body is an equal opportunities employer. Appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk