HEAD OF MEDIA STUDIES - TLR 2.1
FT September 2018 Start
Grey Court is a successful and oversubscribed academy serving a diverse community in an outstanding environment, situated in the London Borough of Richmond and in very close proximity to the beautiful River Thames.
Graded again in January 2018 by Ofsted as “outstanding” the school opened its sixth form in September 2014 and our first cohort of Year 13 students achieved exceptional results. In 2016 we became part of the Every Child, Every Day Multi Academy Trust and consequently, have further developed an extremely strong working relationship with The Hollyfield School. We are very excited about the future and the opportunities the MAT will bring for staff and students alike.
We are seeking to appoint a qualified and innovative Head of Media who will inspire our young people, promote a personal passion for Media and Photography, ensuring that all students excel in this subject area.
You should be:
· A Media teacher with a track record of consistently good or outstanding teaching at key stages 4 and 5.
· Have experience in raising standards for all students in Media or another subject, ideally photography.
· An enthusiastic and driven person seeking to establish themselves at Middle Leadership level.
The right candidate will:
· Lead progress at Key Stage 4, ensuring that all students excel.
· Develop the use of creative media technologies amongst staff and students
· Contribute to the sixth form’s wider enrichment programme and school media productions.
· Ensure a broad and balanced curriculum that meets the needs of all our students.
· Lead the development and embedding of the BTEC practices across the curriculum
· Develop, enhance and support work experience and higher education
· Demonstrate the potential to be, an exceptional classroom practitioner
· have a clear passion for their area; supported by sound subject knowledge
· Want the very best for all young people irrespective of background or challenge
· Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of media across the curriculum
In the recent January 2018 OFSTED inspection, the school received its second ‘outstanding’ grading. At this point the sixth form was rated “outstanding” by OFSTED who noted that, “Students love the sixth form…one student commented, ‘the opportunities we get are excellent’…‘literally anything that happens, they [staff] are there’. In addition, the sixth form recorded the highest progress score (0.34) of all post-16 providers in the Borough of Richmond in 2017. Within this context the media studies department at KS5 has been rated in the top 17% of providers over the last three years.
The media facility is housed in its own purpose built classroom with a suite of macs. In addition, sound editing facilities are available in a separate music technology studio and there is a dark room for photographic processing. Considerable money has been invested in state-of-the art media resources so that students’ practical work is of the highest quality.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All offers of employment will be subject to the successful candidate undertaking an enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: Thursday 15th March 2018 - midday
Interview date: w/b 19th March 2018
For more information about Grey Court School and to request a Job Description, Person Specification and Application Form, please contact email@example.com or on 020 8948 1173. For an informal discussion please contact Mr Richard Clements (Head of Sixth Form) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org