Inspire our students to succeed – be part of something special
We are looking for an enthusiastic Head of MFL, with the skills, energy and determination to ensure exciting learning and outstanding progress for students of all abilities in learning French, to join us from September 2019.
In this position, you will continue to strengthen our already successful MFL department by sharing good practice and aiming to achieve a high standard of education for students, leading to excellent outcomes. Our MFL department has brilliant momentum, and the subject is loved by students with high numbers now electing to study French at GCSE.
Duties will include:
- Building an effective team to raise attainment and implement appropriate change
- Providing strategic leadership for the development, monitoring and evaluation of the Department’s curriculum
- Identifying and setting appropriate improvement and attainment targets for individual students, groups of students and the Department
- Monitoring and evaluating progress towards targets, identifying and implementing suitable intervention strategies for individuals and groups of students
- Monitoring and evaluating standards of learning and teaching using a variety of approaches including lesson observation (giving constructive feedback and support) and work scrutiny
Having converted to academy status at the heart of the L.E.A.D. Academy Trust in May 2017, Da Vinci Academy is an increasingly successful secondary school with around 600 students. A student-centred philosophy is supported by an unwavering commitment to the achievement of successful outcomes for each and every young person. Together with the L.E.A.D. Academy Trust, a strong and clear vision is in place - one team changing worlds. Our vision is achieved by supporting all to Aspire, Believe, Learn, Achieve. This is what we all firmly believe in and strive to achieve at all times. The benefit of our close-knit academy community is a real team environment where people genuinely care for each other and where students and staff alike can really shine.
It is an exciting time at Da Vinci Academy, and you will be part of our future development and the journey to securing improvement and raising standards across all areas.
For further information or to arrange a visit, please view the attached documents or visit our website: http://www.davinci.derby.sch.uk/school/job-vacancies/teaching-staff
To apply, please visit our website or click on the apply link to submit a TES application form.
Closing date: 9am on Monday, 20th May 2019.
Interview date: Wednesday, 22nd May 2019.
The L.E.A.D. Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.