Outwood Academy Bydales is an 11-16 school located in the beautiful coastal village of Marske-by-the-Sea, close to the North York Moors National Park. We are extremely proud of our tradition of serving the families of the community of Marske and surrounding areas. The academy has been part of Outwood Grange Academies Trust, nationally recognised as a high performing academy chain, since September 2014.
We are seeking a Head of Modern Foreign Languages with the drive, imagination and energy to deliver excellence. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our successful and supportive Languages Department, who achieved outstanding results in 2019: 94% of our students achieved a grade 4 and above; 83% achieved grade 5 or above and 12% of the cohort achieved a grade 9. The department is committed to driving progress and attainment to improve the life chances of every student. We require an excellent teacher who is passionate about providing young people with the best possible education whatever their background or ability. If you care about the success of all students, and have the energy to make that vision a reality, we would welcome your application
An excellent knowledge and understanding of modern foreign languages is essential. You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students and share our single goal of ‘Students First’. Applications are invited from experienced professionals with a proven track record of raising attainment and progress. The applicants will be expected to provide clear, cohesive leadership and direction in the Department and motivate teaching and support colleagues in developing innovative strategies to enhance the quality of learning, teaching and achievement, whilst contributing to the strategic development of the Academy by implementing whole Academy new initiatives, monitoring and reporting on key outcomes, to ensure the Department meets academic targets.
The MFL Department at Outwood Academy Bydales currently offers French in year 7, French & Spanish in year 8 and French, German and Spanish to GCSE. Therefore, successful applicants will offer French and knowledge of another language is desirable to GCSE.
Our January 2018 Ofsted report noted:
● “Since the school opened in February 2015, the progress made by pupils has steadily improved. Pupils make outstanding progress in a wide range of subjects”
● “Leaders are ambitious and share a common vision. They have high expectations of each other, staff and pupils”
● “Pupils’ behaviour is exemplary. They are polite, well-mannered and mature”
● “Every pupil observed by inspectors during this inspection had a positive attitude to their learning”
● “Leaders, from within the school and multi-academy trust, provide a varied training programme for staff. Induction arrangements are well developed. They ensure that new and more experienced teachers adopt a tried and tested approach to classroom management and lesson delivery”
The role of Head of MFL at Outwood Academy Bydales would be ideal for either an experienced Head of Department or someone looking to make that next step. You will be supported extensively by a team of MFL Directors allowing you to strategically lead the department, whilst having the support and advice from the Director team. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to lead a progressive, outstanding department and be pivotal in shaping their continuing journey to world class.
The Outwood Grange Family of Schools offers:
● The opportunity, should you choose, to work and progress across the Family of Schools.
● A full and comprehensive programme of professional development is provided through the Outwood Institute of Education.
Prospective applicants are welcome to contact us if they would like. Please contact Jo Ferris (Vice Principal) firstname.lastname@example.org, or Nicola Harris-Jukes (Director of MFL) email@example.com or Seana Rice (Principal) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Midday on Friday 26 February 2021.
Interview date: w/c Monday 1 March 2021.
We reserve the right to close advertisements early. Advertisements will therefore close at 12 noon, either on the advertised closing date, or the day the decision has been taken to close the advertisement early.
The Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Outwood Academy Bydales
Redcar and Cleveland
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Chief Executive Officer: Martyn Oliver
Principal: Seana Rice
We are an Outstanding, 11-16 academy based in the picturesque coastal village of Marske-by-the-Sea, close to the stunning North York Moors National Park.
Since joining the Outwood family in...