Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Head of MFL on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an 11-16 academy, based in the coastal town of Redcar in the north-east, near Middlesbrough. They are focused on creating a culture of success, a positive climate for learning, and increased attainment, achievement and social and emotional development.
It has been part of a renown trust since October 2017 and is an exceptional place to build your future. Their hard working community is welcoming & friendly; students and staff make excellent progress together, on the beautiful North Yorkshire coast.
The MFL department achieved good results in 2019 and are set to continue this trend. They offer French Year 7 to GCSE and Spanish as an ab initio course at GCSE. The school are looking for an inspiring leader who has high aspirations for both staff and students, who is committed, and passionate about language learning. Leadership experience is not essential, but applicants must be able to demonstrate the skills required to lead a department.
- Carrying out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with academy policies, under the direction of the Principal
- Promoting the achievement of high standards through effecting teaching and learning within subject area(s), preparation, evaluation and action planning
- Being central in the delivery of the ECM agenda, paying regard to the provision of personalisation for students
- Modelling the vision and values of the academy
- Being part of the team driving the development to become an ‘outstanding’ school
- Receiving and acting on feedback to build on the strengths and improve personal performance within the academy systems
The Successful Candidate:
- A degree in an appropriate discipline related to relevant subject
- Teaching qualification together with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Awareness of the strategies available for improving the learning and achievement of all students
- Recent and relevant teaching experience in employment or training
- Experience of assessment at Key Stage 3 and 4
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org REF KR 1445222
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Redcar & Cleveland
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...