About the role:
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Head of MFL to lead our current department. We are looking for someone who can provide inspiring and outstanding leadership or quickly develop as an outstanding leader to ensure that learning and progress in MFL continue on an upward trajectory. The role may ideally suit someone who is looking to make the step into middle leadership or who is looking to build upon their current experience and success at that level. This is a permanent post, the TLR aspect for Head of Department will initially be until December 2021 and may be made permanent thereafter.
We are looking for applicants who are able evidence a strong track record of student and have the potential to make a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clearly evident at interview. The ability to deliver French is essential, we would also welcome applications from multilinguists who have the ability to deliver Spanish.
We serve a community that deserves the very best. 53% of our children attract 'ever6 Pupil Premium'. We see these factors as being motivators rather than excuses and hold the highest expectations of every pupil. We believe that we can achieve so much more in the future and hope that you can join us and play a key role in enhancing the life chances of our children. Our GCSE outcomes in 2020 showed a positive progress 8 score for students are we are determined to build on this success in the forthcoming year.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an Academy on our journey to outstanding under the direction of a new Principal appointed in January 2021.
In return, we are looking for:
- An ‘outstanding’ teacher with strong leadership qualities who can evidence significant progress and attainment from their students over a protracted period of time.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is resilient, dynamic and passionate about improving the life chances of all children in our community.
- If you possess these qualities and share the academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. We are seeking applications from individuals for a September 2021 start, please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
About the School:
- Ofsted rated: ‘Good’. Ofsted, October 2017.
- 11 – 18 Academy with 1152 students (132 in the Sixth Form).
- A United Learning Academy.
- We are an ambitious Academy with a focus on continuous improvement, we are determined to continue on our journey towards ‘outstanding’ in every aspect of our provision ensuring that each and every student is supported and encouraged to achieve their very best.
Sheffield Park Academy is part of United Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. By collecting expertise and combining resources we help to make the tough job of teaching a little easier. With a shared curriculum and lesson plans from around the group available to all, our teachers have strong foundations to lead the engaging, rounded education our children deserve. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share this resource and communicate across sites, helping to simplify processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance. We reward our staff: with wide career opportunities between Primary and Secondary, Academy and Independent, better pay, benefits and ultimately the satisfaction of helping every child at each of our schools to succeed and reach their full potential.
As a Group we can reward our staff better with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits and ultimately the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning) and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
Sheffield Park Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please apply online by clicking on the following link: https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2186242?cid=1567&rsid=0&js=0&LinkType=1&FromSearch=False
Where teaching is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.
Sheffield Park Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years