Sha Tin College Website: http://www.shatincollege.edu.hk
Sha Tin College is seeking to appoint a Head of Middle School & Senior Leader to ensure that the Years 7-9 students are at the centre of the College’s aims and objectives as well as its practices and procedures. The Head of Middle School is a member of the Senior Leadership Team of Sha Tin College responsible for strategic leadership in line with our College Vision, Mission and Values.
GUIDANCE AND ACHIEVEMENT
● Support and develop a holistic approach to student development and well-being.
● Oversee pastoral systems in the Middle School including monitoring, reporting, sanctions, rewards and parental involvement.
● Support appropriate standards of student behaviour.
● Implement appropriate means of recognising and rewarding student achievement.
● Monitor student attendance, lateness and leave in conjunction with the HOY.
● Liaise closely and communicate in a variety of ways with parents and lead regular information sessions on relevant Guidance and Achievement issues.
● Work with the Learning Support Centre to ensure students with individual needs are well supported and can access the curriculum.
● Partner with student support services e.g. counsellor, social worker, medical officer, peer support team and other outside agencies, to enhance provision for students and families.
● Play a strategic role in developing relationships with the wider Hong Kong community to facilitate Service Learning opportunities for Middle School students.
● Lead the Middle School Student Leadership programme and provide opportunities for Student Voice.
● Ensure the leadership and smooth operation of the House system within the Middle School and embed it into the daily life of the school.
● Ensure effective transition from Primary school to Middle School and Middle School to Senior School.
● Liaise with Primary school colleagues to develop a strong understanding of the curriculum of our main feeder schools.
● Run Year Level and Middle School assemblies as needed.
● Liaise with the VP Curriculum on the Year 9 IGCSE options process and ensure information for Year 9 options is timely and informative for parents and students.
● Liaise with the HOD and VP Curriculum in relation to the Options Booklet.
● Lead the Admissions process for new Middle School students.
● Oversee student applications, transcripts and references for Middle School students.
LEADING THE TEAM
● Through modelling exemplary professional practice, create an atmosphere of mutual trust where collaboration, discussion, debate and teamwork are promoted within the Middle School.
● Develop and articulate a shared vision and strategic development plan for the Middle School and lead colleagues in achieving this.
● Promote high standards and expectations through supporting professional reflection, mentoring and offering professional development opportunities.
● Lead and support the Heads/Deputy Heads of Year and tutor teams with Guidance and Achievement responsibilities.
● Provide leadership and training on effective tutoring.
● Ensure Section meetings and briefings are well run with a clear agenda and minutes as appropriate.
● Line Manage and support the Section Administrator ensuring all administrative functions are effective and efficient.
● Propose and manage the expenditure of an annual budget.
● Contribute to the creation of a College learning community, fostering a spirit of inquiry, innovation, professional learning and reflection.
● Line manage academic departments as needed.
● Work with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to develop strategic direction and take an active part in furthering the realisation of the College Mission and Vision.
● Attend regular SLT meetings.
● Liaise and collaborate with ESF colleagues as needed.
● Work with the SLT to update College policies and procedures and run parent evenings as needed.
● Undertake aspects of Senior Leadership roles and responsibilities as required by the Principal.
● Promote high standards and expectations through supporting performance mentoring and professional development opportunities.
PERSONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Commitment to making a positive difference to the lives of young people.
● Model exemplary professional practice.
● Excellent negotiation, collaboration and problem-solving skills with a solution-focused attitude.
● Sophisticated interpersonal and communication skills with staff, students and parents with a view to empowering others.
● Effective organisational skills and timely follow-up.
● Commit to remaining up-to-date with educational research.
● Proficient with learning technology.
Closing Date: 22 January 2021
Please contact Lorna Gomes at email@example.com should you require further information about the post.
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
About the Team (http://www.shatincollege.edu.hk )
ESF Sha Tin College is committed to providing the best possible teaching and learning experiences for every individual through the medium of English. The education provided leads to a variety of internationally recognised examinations, granting students access to higher education and career opportunities worldwide. Unique to Sha Tin College is a culture where we take responsibility for fulfilling our own potential and that of others for the good of humanity at all levels. Ample opportunities exist to challenge students to become mature, open-minded, caring, responsible and committed individuals with a passion for learning, creativity, sports and a sense of compassion.
Sha Tin College - ESF
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Sha Tin College is one of the leading IBO World Schools in Asia with a student population of 1200, comprising over 30 different nationalities. It is an independent, coeducational, secondary school within the English Schools Foundation - the largest i...