Due to the retirement of our present Head we are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, innovative and dynamic teacher to lead our successful Modern Foreign Languages Department. An ability to teach French to KS5 is required together with experience of teaching a broad range of abilities. We are looking for someone who is:
· An outstanding practitioner who is able to teach at all levels
· Successful in raising standard of attainment and accelerating progress
· An experienced and effective middle leader with a proven record of success
· Committed to ensuring the curriculum offer meets the needs of the students
· Able to inspire, engage and enthuse students, staff and parents
· A leader with drive, enthusiasm, energy and determination
· The ability to work in a whole school capacity to lead and drive an identified area
The successful candidate will have high expectations and the ability to inspire the interest and efforts of colleagues and students. Applications are welcomed from individuals who can demonstrate good interpersonal skills, the willingness to work in a team and who are supportive of the school’s ethos. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced DBS Check .
The Appleton School is an over-subscribed school that has been judged as an Outstanding school by OFSTED in its last two inspections. With the addition of our Sixth Form the school has now grown to approximately 1500 students overall. OFSTED 2013 confirmed that this is a school where “parents and staff rightly speak very highly of the school”.
We offer an excellent induction programme within a friendly and supportive environment and are committed to high quality professional development and continuous improvement in teaching and learning.