Are you an educator who wants to make a real difference?
Saltus has the following opportunity commencing in September 2019.
As Bermuda’s premier co-educational, independent day school for students aged 4 to 18, Saltus prides itself on a well-earned reputation for a rigorous academic programme that prepares students to succeed at universities around the world. Combined with our focus on community, inclusivity, and creativity, Saltus students have the opportunity to become compassionate, independent thinkers with a global mindset and the confidence to pursue their dreams.
The Head of Modern Foreign Languages must demonstrate a strong background managing a complex team across both the primary and secondary departments. The successful candidate will display a passion for the delivery of languages in the classroom and have experience teaching French to (I)GCSE or the equivalent level (grade 10) as well as Spanish from grades 6-12 including (I)GCSE. The ability to teach Advanced Placement is required, as is a working knowledge of the International Baccalaureate. The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate drive, energy, and strong leadership qualities in addition to excellent language skills.
The successful candidate for this post:
Must be a qualified teacher with a minimum of three years’ classroom teaching experience.
• Must have proven ability/success in the delivery of their subject in a differentiated classroom at the Middle and/or Senior level.
• Must be licensed by or qualified to be licensed by the Bermuda Educators Council.
• Must be able to demonstrate a variety of teaching and learning pedagogies, including but not limited to problem-based, project-based and discussion-based learning (e.g. Harkness/Socratic, experiential education, direct instruction).
• Must be able to demonstrate a variety of assessment and evaluation methodologies conducive to 21st Century Learning in a differentiated learning environment.
• Must have a proven ability in the use of information technology in the delivery of the curriculum.
• Must be able to use an online grading system and be willing to create and update schemes of work and resources.
• Must have a commitment to the principles of independent education and be willing to contribute to extracurricular activities and the broader life of the School.
• Must be committed to academic excellence and strive for positive relations with all students, parents and colleagues alike.
• Must demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to change.
• Must be willing to provide cover for absences and/or advisory.
• Must be able to thrive in a busy environment.
• Action Researcher.
• Sense of humor.
• Clean criminal record.
Candidates are requested to e-mail a cover letter and resume to the People & Culture Department at:
Saltus Grammar School
P.O. Box HM 2224, Hamilton HM JX, Bermuda
All applications must include contact details of three persons who are willing to provide confidential professional references, at least one of whom should be your current employer.