New College Durham Academies Trust comprises of two large Academies, Consett Academy and North Durham Academy, located some six miles apart in North West Durham. New College Durham, is our lead sponsor and both Academies are located in multi million pound new builds, offering unrivalled state of the art facilities for our students and communities in Consett and Stanley.
Title: Head of Modern Foreign Languages (MFL)
Grade: MPS - UPS + TLR2B
Academy: Consett Academy
New College Durham Academies Trust is in a period of transformational change and is committed to school improvement. Having recently appointed its inaugural Chief Executive Officer, we now need to drive rapid and sustained improvement in our Academies.
Consett Academy is seeking to appoint a dynamic Head of MFL who as a consistently good teacher, will maximise student potential by raising their aspirations and attainment, as well as: -
- Leading the department to become outstanding in its delivery of first-class provision through highly effective sequencing of learning over a 5-year curriculum intent and implementation
- Developing and sustaining high quality teaching and learning throughout the subject area
- Ensuring that the quality of lesson plans, the use of assessment and homework set are of the highest quality
- Supporting colleagues so that appropriate standards of behaviour are established and maintained
- Assisting colleagues to ensure that all aspects of student achievement are monitored and evaluated and this information is used to inform priorities and targets for improvement
You will also have the opportunity to enthuse and share your expertise across the wider Academy and make the most of the superb amenities available to us on our fantastic campus. All of our classrooms and work areas have state-of-the-art facilities and we have concessionary rates for leisure and gym club membership.
To download an application pack, job description and person specification please visit our website: https://www.consett-academy.org.uk/about-us/vacancies
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com by no later than 8th October 2021 at midday.
Please do not attach copies of CV's/qualification certificates. Only the information detailed on the application form will be used as part of the short-listing process. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The Academy finds inspiration from its stewardship of such an iconic building and facilities and, in turn, seeks to inspire excellence and fulfil potential for all associated with it.Our abiding passion is for all students to be nurtured as uniquely ...