Kineton Green Road
Tel: 0121 706 9771
Fax: 0121 706 8715
Langley is a popular, over-subscribed mainstream 11-16 academy, supporting, challenging and inspiring approximately 1000 students including 70 children with Statements of SEN. It is also highly regarded for its friendly atmosphere and students’ outstandingly good behaviour. Langley is particularly committed to supporting all staff in their professional development.
Head of MFL Faculty - To lead the Modern Foreign Languages Faculty
Permanent Contract – from September 2018
MPS / UPS + TLR1B £9,472 [subject to annual adjustment]
The successful candidate will be expected to teach primarily German to GCSE level plus French to KS3.
· Are you truly passionate about high-quality learning experiences for young people?
· Are you driven by students making exceptional progress as people as well as learners?
· Are you an outstanding languages practitioner with a proven track record of impactful leadership?
· Are you able to support, challenge, enthuse and inspire colleagues as well as students to be the best that they can be and achieve amazing things together?
· Are you now ready to put your leadership skills to the test in a highly over-subscribed, successful, dynamic, happy school renowned for its holistic care for, and development of both students and staff?
· Can you see yourself, really making a difference to the opportunities and life chances of a genuinely wonderful group of fine young people, whose behaviour Ofsted described as ‘exemplary’?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to all of the above, we would really like to meet you. We already have a well-established and highly esteemed Modern Foreign Languages Faculty offering French and German to KS4. We are seeking someone with the right leadership and teaching qualities, the drive, the knowledge, the ambition and the energy to take the Faculty on the next stage of its learning journey.
Please find attached a person specification, job description and a letter from our Headteacher, together with the necessary application form. If you would like to visit the school, please email Julie Hannah at email@example.com
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 11 March 2018
Proposed interview date: Thursday 15 March 2018
Langley School staff, governors and students are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of students and staff. Please note that Disclosure & Barring Service clearance at the appropriate level will be required for this post.