We are looking for an inspirational Head of Modern Foreign Languages who has strong leadership skills and is full of energy and enthusiasm for their subject. Required for September 2018 an exciting opportunity exists for an exceptional candidate who is able to teach either Spanish and/or French (to A level).
At Leventhorpe all students in Years 7 and 8 study both French and Spanish before making choices from Year 9 onwards. This leads to 2 or 3 GCSE groups in each of French and Spanish each year. At A level we have always had relatively small but viable groups at A level and at each level students achieve excellent pass rates. As Head of Faculty you will be an outstanding classroom practitioner who consistently demonstrates the highest standards of delivery, is committed to raising attainment across all key stages and has sound understanding of the strategies required to achieve this. Our new Head of Faculty must be able to lead and inspire staff and students alike. Infectious enthusiasm, an engaging personality, a creative approach to the delivery of the curriculum area and attention to detail are essential.
Leventhorpe is a successful, oversubscribed Business and Enterprise Academy with keen and respectful learners. It was rated “Outstanding in all 5 categories” by Ofsted in 2012. In June 2012 we were awarded National Support School status and we are also an accredited Teaching School Alliance, currently a partner in the Alban Teaching School Alliance. Leventhorpe is also the lead school for School Centres Initial Teacher Training within the Bishop’s Stortford Educational Trust (BSET).
The successful candidate will:
- have a passion for teaching and learning
- be able to demonstrate exceptional leadership and management skills
- have a proven track record of achieving outstanding student attainment through own individual practice and by leading other staff
- have an excellent subject knowledge as well as an awareness of different examination courses
- be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
- have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students and staff
- be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress.
In return Leventhorpe can provide:
- excellent facilities. In recent years Leventhorpe has experienced an intensive capital build programme, including most recently a £6m new sports complex (sports hall, fitness suite, dance studio, all-weather pitch and floodlit tennis courts), £1m Learning Resource Centre, re-modelling of Design & Technology facilities, £150k annual investment in ICT provision. To accommodate our expanding roll a further £7m investment is planned to build a new state-of-the-art performing arts block alongside a brand new science and sixth form block
- a positive working environment in a heavily oversubscribed school with an excellent academic record and high standards which places strong emphasis on student learning and achievement
- a large Sixth Form of over 300 students
- exceptionally dedicated colleagues and enthusiastic students
- first rate personal career development with high local and regional profile through our National Support School status and Teaching School work
- All staff receive a subsidised Nuffield gym membership
- Priority admission for children of staff after a qualifying period
This is an exceptional opportunity to fill a key role in a forward-thinking and dynamic school.
Leventhorpe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for all successful applicants.
Please apply by letter and application form which can be found on our website. Applications should be sent to Mrs Wendy Shannon, HR Manager either by post or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 12 noon Tuesday 17th April 2018. Interview date: Monday 23rd April 2018.
We welcome informal visits by potential applicants.