Our Lady & St Bede Catholic Academy and the Directors of Carmel Education Trust wish to appoint an excellent Head of Modern Foreign Languages. We are passionate about MFL and plan to significantly increase curriculum time at KS3 to enable all pupils to study two languages to a high standard and to better prepare pupils for dual languages at GCSE and beyond. MFL is a core subject in our work of providing a truly holistic education.
We need a Head of Department with the vision, drive and ability to lead this development and build up a vibrant, exciting and varied MFL curriculum for our pupils. This is an exciting opportunity for either an existing Head of Department or someone looking to move into a significant middle leadership role in a Catholic school. There is also a possibility for this position to become part of the leadership team for a candidate who has exceptional leadership experience or who can demonstrate the ability to contribute to the wider leadership of the curriculum in the school.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent leadership qualities and management skills, including the ability to lead a team of staff effectively.
- An excellent track record as a classroom teacher.
- A passion for providing the best possible holistic education for all pupils.
- The vision, energy and creativity to lead the department in the next phase of its development.
- A teacher with a strong commitment to understanding and promoting the school’s Catholic ethos.
We can offer:
- A Catholic school that has a clear mission and strong tradition dating back to before 1850.
- A vibrant, well run, ambitious and caring school.
- A school where staff enjoy coming to work and are able to maintain a work-life balance.
- A professional climate where all staff are valued, listened to and who are able to fully use our gifts and talents.
- An excellent behaviour climate where staff can teach free from disruption.
- Most importantly, fantastic pupils who are hardworking, display great humility and appreciate the effort of adults who work on their behalf.
- A school which is part of the Carmel Education Trust: a group of 7 schools, all working together as one to provide exceptional levels of expertise and support.
- A rapidly expanding school, c. 900 pupils will be admitted in September 2018, increasing to c.1000 in 2019.
- A £5m building expansion programme.
- An Ofsted (January 18) and Diocesan (November 17) rated ‘Outstanding’ school.
We are passionate about our school and want to fill it with staff who share the same passion, values and drive. You would be warmly welcomed to our school at any time, to see and feel what Our Lady & St Bede is like on a typical day and to ask any questions you may have on an informal basis. Please contact the Headteacher’s P.A.: Mrs Johanna Smurthwaite: firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application form, please e-mail Mrs Johanna Smurthwaite: email@example.com or Tel: 01642 704970. Closing date: Monday 23rd April 2018, 12:00 midday.