HEAD OF MUSIC
ARK ACTON ACADEMY
Closing Date: 26th February 2021
Interviews: Week Commencing 5th March 2021
Salary: Main Scale +TLR 2C
Contract: Full-time hours, permanent contract
Start Date: September 2021
Nearest Tube: Acton Town (5 minutes’ walk away)
Ark Acton Academy is on an incredible improvement journey and we are sowing the seeds of greatness for our local community. However, there is still much to do and we are looking for an expert leader of Music who can help drive us forwards. You will share our firm belief in the importance of Music as an academic discipline and you will want to join a school that invests in its staff.
We place the curriculum at the heart of the academy and it informs all decisions we make. We are looking for someone who shares our belief in disciplinary thinking and who will help improve and refine our curriculum thinking and build a really impressive Music department.
At Ark Acton we have stripped away anything we feel gets in the way of being a great teacher so that we can focus on the main thing. This includes:
• Feedback policies that sit at department level
• No graded lesson observations
• No report writing
• No parent’s evenings
• Only 2 data points a year
• No ½ termly data metrics to track progress
• Protected Department meeting time built into the timetable
• Two protected co-planning slots a week built into staff loadings to provide space for curricular discussions.
We are heavily committed to staff welfare and development and this includes:
• weekly staff training
• Coaching for every teacher
• each member of staff has a personal development pathway to help ensure they have the feedback and space necessary to keep improving
• free use of our leisure centre
• access to the school counsellor
• access to Ark schools network and support.
We place the curriculum – what we teach – at the heart of the academy and it informs all decisions we make. We are looking for someone who shares our belief in disciplinary thinking and who will help improve and refine our curriculum thinking. In the words of Alex Standish we believe that “school subjects then are a way of inducting children into the intellectual habits of humankind, and hence into a disciplinary conversation about knowing our world” and we are looking for someone who shares this belief to join our team.
For more information and a full job description see supporting documents.
For more information on the school please visit our website at https://arkacton.org.
For more information on working for Ark, please visit https://arkonline.org/careers/staff-benefits
To apply please go to https://arkonline.org/careers . For further information, a confidential discussion or any technical queries please contact Ruth Macmurray, HR Officer at email@example.com
We value diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and any other relevant employment checks.
Ark Acton Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years