Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced Head of Music / Music Teacher for an Academy in Harlow, Essex. The role will start in November 2017 and will be contracted as a Maternity cover post.
About the Role
· Head of Music / Music Teacher
· Lead and manage the Music Department to ensure the highest standards of student progress and attainment
· Ensure the delivery of an appropriate curriculum and lead the development of the subject
· Hold the post of Home Group Tutor
· Starting November 2017
· Maternity contract
· Salary up to £50,000 (dependent on experience)
About the School
· Co-educational Academy catering to Years 7-11
· Good Ofsted Report
· Improving levels of attainment across the curriculum
· Well resourced
· Supportive pastoral system in place
· CPD available
In order to be considered for this role, the Head of Music / Music Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number GMA6704.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.