We are seeking to appoint a Head of Music with responsibility for: leading and teaching Senior School Music; overseeing the Music curriculum across the Whole School; leading, developing and delivering elements of the extensive co-curricular programme; and leading the peripatetic Music programme. The successful candidate must be innovative, enthusiastic, highly motivated and learning-focused. There may be opportunities for additional leadership responsibility within the Visual and Performing Arts department for a suitably experienced applicant.
You will need to demonstrate that you are dedicated to a culture of excellence through
- Having high expectations for students’ learning and personal development, ensuring they are challenged to fulfill their potential through application and effort as lifelong learners.
- Being an outstanding, experienced classroom practitioner, who is passionate about learning and can challenge and motivate students, whilst demonstrating a clear understanding of how learning is developed.
- Having a commitment to a holistic education that develops skills, concepts and understandings, designed to prepare students for the demands of the 21st century.
- Using high quality assessment practices to provide rich feedback that promotes learning.
- Building positive relationships with students by fostering a learning environment where students feel comfortable taking risks and are empowered to drive their own learning.
- Being able to fully collaborate with teams on the school’s learning journey.
- Contributing to the wider life of the school, including the broad co-curricular programme.
We can offer:
BSM follows Child Protection and Safeguarding policies in line with UK standards; all successful candidates will be required to submit a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate upon appointment.
To apply, please send your application letter, CV and a recent photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to www.britishschoolmanila.org for more information about the school.
Closing date for applications: noon GMT on Wednesday 29 November 2017
Interviews will be held during December 2017/January 2018.
About the Employer
The British School Manila (BSM) is a highly regarded co-educational British international school established in 1976. The School is proud to uphold the high standard of the British education system and we take full advantage of our multi-cultural setting. We are accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and also a member of The Federation of British International Schools in Southeast Asia and East Asia (FOBISIA).
At present 900+ students aged 3-18 are on roll and 37 nationalities are represented. British children make up 33%, Filipino 22%, Australian and Canadian 9% and Americans 6% of the total student population.