Firth Park Academy is proud to be a Good school and determined to become an Outstanding school. We are a wonderfully diverse family of students and staff where our vision is to inspire all students to lead remarkable lives. We offer the widest range of extra-curricular enrichment possible to ensure our students are rich in knowledge and character. We want students to achieve academic excellence, develop strength of character and above all else, be happy. Our school is:
- A stronger-than-ever ‘Good’ school as rated by Ofsted (March 2019).
- Home of an Extended School Day for Years 7 and 11 to ensure the broadest possible curriculum of academic learning and extra-curricular experiences
- Featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
- A real ethos of family where we all value strong positive relationships and support each other.
- An outstanding professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career.
- A ‘3 in 3 years’ leadership development programme for high achieving staff. This promises staff a TLR responsibility, bursary support toward Masters completion if required, and mini-secondment at a partner AET Academy to grow our future leaders.
We are looking for a Head of Music who really cares about helping our students succeed. You will be joining a strong Music department both at KS3 and KS4, where BTEC Music and ncfe Music Technology results are consistently above National benchmarks.
- We are seeking a talented, creative, student-centred Head of Music to join us from Easter 2020 or sooner if possible.
- With the ability to deliver innovative practical lessons, which demonstrate high expectations of students, and inspire them to succeed, improving achievement at both Key Stages for all learners.
Our KS3 curriculum is heavily practical and requires good vocal and instrumental skills (particularly keyboard, guitars, drum kit).
Our KS4 curriculum has recently changed and our current Y10 cohort are being taught the RSL Level 1 / 2 Certificate in Creative and Performing Arts for both Music Practitioners and Music Technology (mainly using Reason). An ability to teach Music technology would be preferable.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- Email our Director of Performing Arts Sarah Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a learning walk during the school day or a chance to meet.
- Apply for our role and see us on interview day.
- Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
Why should you join us:
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Visits to our Academy are welcome and these can be arranged by contactingour Director of Performing Arts Sarah Robinson (email@example.com)
Closing date: Sunday 17 November 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduateshttps://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.