Head of PE and Psychology Faculty
incorporating Head of PE Department
Dr Challoner's High School is a leading selective state grammar school for girls, with a strong academic tradition and an ambitious outlook for the future. The school has a broad vision for education and is characterised by a highly purposeful pursuit of personal bests with a keen sense of fun bubbling under the surface. Challoner’s girls are articulate, courteous, sparky, hard-working and achieve highly in all areas. The school was graded Outstanding by Ofsted and has also gained the Exceptional Schools Award.
We are looking for a well-qualified and experienced leader to develop our successful PE and Psychology Faculty from good to great. The emphasis of the role is weighted towards PE and sport and incorporates line management of Psychology. The successful candidate will highly value participation in sport as well as elite level competition and will relish the opportunity to lead the faculty towards being a real flagship of the school. The faculty has excellent teachers, support and facilities and will be very rewarding to lead.
Within the Challoner’s High PE and Psychology Faculty you will experience:
• Exceptional students who consistently strive to achieve their personal bests, making teaching an absolute pleasure
• Excellent facilities including a large, modern sports hall, gym, newly surfaced netball and tennis courts, long jump pit and an expansive and beautiful sports field, lined by woodland
• A supportive and highly capable teaching team, a specialist PE administrator and a PE technician
• Excellent opportunities for professional development, including a proactive and highly regarded CPD programme, supporting the development of middle leaders across the school
• London Fringe allowance
• Two week October half term; refer a friend incentive; staff recognition scheme; long service awards
• Subsidised gym membership; staff discounts at local shops and restaurants in Little Chalfont
• The best advert however for working at our school will always be our hugely rewarding students
Responsible to SLT line manager
Salary / Allowances applicable TLR 1.1 (currently £9,568 pa)
Start Date January 2020, Easter 2020 or September 2020. We are willing to wait for the right candidate.
Application Deadline Noon, Monday 14th October 2019
Interview Date Thursday 17th October 2019
An information pack is available from the Vacancies section of the school website or from firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal visits to the school are welcome
We welcome applications from all sections of the community
Dr Challoner’s High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please refer to our website where you can view our Child Protection and Safeguarding, Recruitment and Equalities
Policies; all of our polices are available at www.challonershigh.com
The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.