We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of PE who is able to deliver an excellent standard of classroom teaching across all key stages including A Level.
PE at LRGS has an extremely high reputation within the school and local community with strong sporting and academic tradition thus we are looking for a committed and motivated professional, with vision and enthusiasm to lead our experienced and successful department.
As Head of Physical Education, you will be responsible for:
• The teaching and learning of PE at LRGS and the maintenance of the highest possible standards of pedagogy within the department.
• The progress of individual pupils in PE including the maintenance of records, taking action when necessary with intervention strategies.
• The development of schemes of work in all year groups, taking into account the National Curriculum where appropriate, and the implementation of GCSE and A-level specifications.
• The development, maintenance and sharing of high quality teaching and learning resources.
• The administration and coordination of internal and external PE exams.
• Update the content of the PE area of the school website, including promotional materials for options and oversee department sports social media apps.
The successful candidate will be a passionate advocate for sport with the desire to share good practice across the department.
For further information please visit the schools website www.lrgs.org.uk or contact Mrs Kate Roberts, HR Administrator at email@example.com or 01524 580600
Applications should be received no later than Noon on Wednesday 24th February 2021. It is anticipated that interviews will be held during March.
Lancaster Royal Grammar School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years