Head of PE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated teacher to develop their career within our passionate and ever courageous community
We are a courageous, compassionate community - empowering excellence. We are a value lead organisation, being bold within every aspect of our lives at school.
We want all staff to thrive and demonstrate leadership and determination when leading our students and pupils within our rich and diverse community. We opened in 2012 with the vision to create a centre of excellence in the community.
We empower our teams by valuing personal and team development. This is through weekly CPD sessions, frequent line management meetings and allowing staff to develop their own ideas and projects. Our staff’s wellbeing is key to creating a friendly supportive community within the school. Guided by our internal wellbeing committee we have a wide range of initiatives designed to improve the motivation and lives of our staff. This is supported by the Ark rewards scheme offering reduced
This role at the centre of our school and within a small but successful and dynamic PE department. Our department offers a successful GCSE programme and we are looking to extend our offering to BTEC. This is an opportunity to show what non-selective education can achieve for all pupils and students in our community.
Reports to: Vice Principal
Start date: September 2020
Salary: Ark MPS (£31,242 –£42,520) UPS (£47,545-£51,913) dependent on experienc
TLR: 2B £4,656
Closing Date: Tuesday 14th April 11am
All positions are subject to rigorous and stringent safeguarding and reference checks. This includes enhanced DBS checks and safer recruiting vetting checks.
Leadership and Management
• Be an outstanding teacher, able to motivate and challenge learners of all abilities across Key Stages 3-5.
• The ability to lead others and inspire by in of the curriculum.
• Lead the assessment process in the subject ensuring accurate measurement of subject standards in all year groups at all summative assessment points
• Lead the professional development of any others teaching the subject team to be highly effective practitioners.
• To establish, develop and lead the Academy’s PE provision at all Key Stages.
• Encourage participation in sports, oversee fixtures, extracurricular activities and school wide competitions.
• To review and evaluate current exam boards against Ark standard creating strategic action plans.
Teaching and learning
• Exude a passion for PE which is evident in your practice.
• To design an engaging and challenging curriculum that inspires pupils to appreciate the subject and its application and which meets the needs of the pupils.
• To deliver outstanding teaching of PE helping pupils achieve excellent academic results.
School ethos and culture
• Be committed to Bolingbroke Academy’s ethos of high expectations.
• Demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the Academy and its pupils can achieve.
• Provide a nurturing environment that helps students to develop as learners.
• Have a passion to learn and develop your practice through regular CPD and feedback.
• The ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of students and pupils.
- Have experience leading the curriculum.
- Have taught PE to the level of GCSE and ideally BTEC.
• Have experience line managing others in a developmental and motivational way.
• The ability to question and challenge the status quo and find new and progressive solutions to existing systems.
• Have a proven track record of success and raising pupil attainment in PE.