Nord Anglia Education
With over 20 years of experience operating international schools, Nord Anglia Education is proud to be the world’s leading premium schools organisation. We are a fast-growing network of 43 schools across China, Europe, the Middle East, Southeast Asia and North America.
The British International School, Budapest
Located beside a golf course in the leafy 3rd District of Budapest, a short distance from the Danube and the centre of the city, our school campus is modern and very well-resourced. Primary students benefit from one-to-one iPads and secondary students bring their own devices. Computer labs, coding rooms, and art & innovation studio, a keyboard lab and music practice rooms are equipped with first class facilities, enabling our students to take advantage of our collaboration with MIT and The Julliard School. A recently completed building project includes additional specialist facilities for science, computing, music and sports. Our students are motivated and enthusiastic, enjoying a lively approach to the subject through a wide range of teaching and learning strategies.
To learn more about our school, please visit http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/budapest
Head of Performing Arts (whole school)
We are looking for an experienced and inspiring teacher and leader to join our team from August 2017. To deliver our high standard of educational excellence, our teachers are well-qualified, confident, well-organised, have a good sense of humour and participate fully in all aspects of school life within and beyond the classroom.
We are now looking for a like-minded colleague to lead Performing Arts across the school. An enthusiasm for developing our collaboration with The Julliard School, which becomes fully operational in August 2017, is essential. The growth of our school offers an energetic candidate the opportunity to work with talented children. We seek a professional whose enthusiasm for performance is infectious and someone who understands development of music/drama/dance cross-phase.
The Head of Performing Arts is responsible to the Head of Primary and Head of Secondary for all aspects of performing arts and is a key member of the middle leadership team of the school. The Head of Performing Arts will demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism and will, in particular:
- Embody the school’s mission and values in word and action;
- Be passionate about international education;
- Plan strategically for the continual improvement of performing arts as the school grows and, in particular, work to develop opportunities as offered by ABRSM, LAMDA, etc;
- Be responsible for making best use of our collaboration with The Julliard School to create an exceptional arts infused curriculum and co-curricular experience for students;
- Teach music to IGCSE and IB Diploma Programme;
- Have ability in at least one area of specialism such as brass, woodwind, strings, piano, voice, choral, dance, performance, production, theatre.
Gain and maintain the trust and confidence of students, colleagues and parents;
- Be accountable for all aspects of standards in the performing arts curriculum;
- Ensure regular and frequent performances;
- Ensure continuity with across Primary and Secondary and contribute to the development of curriculum, pedagogy, and teaching across the school;
- Motivate students and staff to aspire to excellence in all that they do;
- Build a strong, high-performing team of performing arts teachers and manage the peripatetic instrumental teachers;
- Create the conditions for staff to continue to learn;
- Take responsibility for safeguarding students;
- Deploy resources with due diligence, with efficiency and effectiveness;
What we offer
The successful candidate will benefit from the career and development opportunities that come with being part of the world’s leading premium schools organisation. Nord Anglia University unites our team through a vibrant online forum which harnesses the collective expertise of their peers in an exchange of knowledge, ideas and best practice. We also provide extensive online and face-to-face professional development through Nord Anglia University to ensure that members of our team don’t just maintain their skills and expertise, they develop at the cutting edge of educational thinking.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive package. You will have the opportunity to live and work in one of the world’s most vibrant cities. Budapest is a modern, cosmopolitan city, steeped in history and within easy reach of beautiful countryside. Conde Nast Traveler placed Budapest the second best city in the world in 2015, after Florence and ahead of Vienna. Budapest is also one of the world’s most affordable cities, located in the heart of Europe, within easy reach of the best of central, eastern and western Europe. Public transport, the arts and culture, shopping, dining and outdoor activity are incomparable. Several of our teachers have chosen to settle here, while others move on to international careers within Nord Anglia Education and beyond.
The closing date for applications is 16th December 2016. Early applications are encouraged, and we reserve the right to appoint before the closing date. First stage interviews will be conducted by Skype and final interviews will take place in person in London in January or by Skype, depending on location.
Start date: 15th August 2017.