We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and ambitious colleague to lead our successful Physical Education Department. Historically, this area has been at the centre of the extended curriculum of the school, is well-regarded by students and achieves good GCSE results. You will inspire a team of four experienced teachers, model excellent practice and improve standards across the curriculum. As Head of Department, you will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to support the drive to raise standards. We particularly welcome applicants with a track record of developing the curriculum, improving standards, with an expertise in netball and hockey, as well as extending new sports for girls, being an advantage. The successful candidate will have:
- Evidence of skills in accelerating learning, coaching and improving teaching and using data to inform effective interventions
- An outstanding teaching track record
- A passion to be innovative and forward thinking
- An understanding of the importance of quality assurance
- A view that the progress of every child in the area of physical education and sport is their responsibility
- A drive to contribute to whole school improvement
This is a key leadership position in the school, and the ability to lead and work in a team is essential, sharing good practice and modelling excellence in all areas.
Ludlow School is committed to developing and support leadership at all levels. We provide an enriching educational experience for all at Ludlow, which is a popular 11 to 16 all-ability school, situated in the beautiful South Shropshire Hills.
The Bishop Anthony Educational Trust and its academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff, and volunteers, to share the same commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and will follow a safer recruitment policy.
For further information and an application pack, please contact Sharon Vickers (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call 01584 813813.