The British International School of Kuala Lumpur (BSKL) seeks an exceptional, creative, well-qualified and experienced Head of PE to join a successful department, during a very exciting phase of its development.
At BSKL, our students are motivated, committed and love learning in our state of the art facilities. Our staff are passionate and outstanding teaching professionals, and we are committed to providing excellent and ongoing CPD opportunities. BSKL is graded excellent in all areas of educational provision by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI), and is a member of Nord Anglia Education, offering numerous opportunities for professional growth.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an experienced, dynamic and creative approach to leading teaching and learning in an outstanding PE department. Our PE Department is very well established and highly successful; it enjoys excellent success both locally and internationally.
Candidates should also illustrate a capacity to help students achieve their absolute best as part of a team, a proactive commitment to the pastoral care and wellbeing of our learners, and a willingness to contribute to the thriving extra-curricular life of our school.
We are seeking a professional who:
● Is UK-trained (PGCE or equivalent) and has relevant UK curriculum experience (3 years minimum experience is essential).
● Enjoys a professionally-stimulating environment.
● Promotes a well organised and inspiring learning environment.
● Offers enthusiasm and demonstrates a positive approach to students.
● Is comfortable integrating technology into all teaching practices.
● Is committed to constant improvement in all aspects of school life.
● Is reflective and continually strives to improve performance.
● Understands the value of consistent application of school policies.
We will provide:
● An excellent salary.
● Annual travel allowance.
● International worldwide medical cover.
● Up to two full school scholarships.
● A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
● A commitment to staff wellness.
● The chance to live and work in a culturally-diverse context.
● Opportunities for promotion and exceptional professional development both within the school and the wider global network of the Nord Anglia Education family.
If the opportunity to work in a progressive school in a culturally-rich and dynamic city excites you, please send us your application.
Applications must be submitted via the school website.
The closing date for applications is 3.00pm on the 14th of February 2020. Early applications are strongly encouraged (we reserve the right to appoint early).
Nord Anglia Education schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening, including references and checks with past employers, and an enhanced DBS.
At Nord Anglia Education, we work every day to inspire our students, schools and employees to be the best they can be and we are ambitious for them all to achieve more than they thought possible in their personal, social and academic endeavours. Within our family of schools, this aspiration is underpinned by a commitment to always act with respect, integrity, openness and courage. These qualities are the foundation of how we approach our work and roles within Nord Anglia Education and are shared by everyone in our global family.