Brighton and Hove High School, GDST seeks to appoint a Head of Physics with the vision, energy and drive to lead the department forward and consolidate the school as a centre of excellence in STEM.
The successful applicant will have a track record of motivating students and guiding learners to outstanding exam results.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious individual who is committed to promoting STEM study for women.
About the School:
Brighton and Hove High School was established in 1876 and provides education for girls from 3 to 18 years. It is part of The Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST), the largest independent school group in the UK. The GDST is at the forefront of education for girls and a strong voice in promoting opportunities for young women.
As part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Childcare vouchers, interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details and an application form please click the apply button or contact the Head’s PA on 01273 280172 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs unaccompanied by a completed application form will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications is noon, Friday 4th May 2018.
Interviews tbc (we will invite candidates in for interview on an ongoing basis as applications are received).
We are committed to the safeguarding of children, and child protection screening will apply to this post.