A Head of Physics is required to join a vibrant and forward-thinking Science Faculty within a successful 14 - 19 comprehensive school, judged "Good" by Ofsted at its most recent inspection. The ability to teach physics to A level is an essential requirement of the post.
We seek a talented and committed professional who is able to:
- Teach GCSE Combined Science, GCSE Physics, A Level Physics and aspects of BTEC Level 3 Applied Science (as required)
- Promote the uptake of physics at GCSE and A level
- Support the Head of Science in monitoring the effectiveness of teaching and learning across the Science Faculty
- Devise and revise assessment materials (including end of topic tests and mock examinations)
- Ensure that the physics elements of schemes of work at GCSE and A level are well resourced with stimulating and relevant materials, taking account of the latest subject specifications
- Maintain high levels of achievement at KS4 and 5 in science and physics.
- Analyse progress data in evaluating the effectiveness of teaching and learning in physics at KS5 and the sciences at KS4, as directed by the Head of Science.
- Contribute to the academy’s PSHE programme and duty rotas.
- Understand, promote and comply with the academy’s polices and Staff Code of Conduct.
- Raise standards of teaching and learning in science and physics
The college is "Committed to Brilliance" promoting a culture of learning for students based on high expectations, resilience and a shared vision.
King Edward VII College is situated on the outskirts of Coalville in a semi-rural position.
There are good road links to the MI (junction 23 or 22), A42 and A50 with ample parking for staff on site.