Flexible / part-time or full time available
Physics only timetable with A Level available
LGS MPS/UPS SCALE
Aspire, Learn, Achieve
We require from September 2018 an experienced, enthusiastic, flexible, committed and qualified Head of Physics, with leadership experience or potential, to join our Science Faculty in this large, mixed 11-19 comprehensive school. We are able to offer a physics only timetable for the right candidate.
In addition, for the right candidate, we are willing to offer a laptop or ipad, additional one off remuneration and support for NPQML.
The successful candidate will have:
• Will have a strong commitment to teaching and learning in Physics
• Will be an effective classroom practitioner committed to raising standards for all students
• Will be able to teach Science at Key Stage 3, and Physics at Key Stages 4 and 5
• Physics only timetable with A-level teaching for the right candidate
• Will be fully committed to enabling all students to achieve well and make good progress.
• The drive and determination to motivate colleagues and students
• A creative and energetic approach to teaching and management
• Good organisational skills
• The ability to lead and develop a team of teachers
• The vision to develop the courses currently offered
• Open to change, new ideas and innovation
A candidate information booklet and application form are available on the vacancies section of Lord Grey Academy’s website:
Please note the application form is available on the right hand side of the above link.
Completed application form and covering letter should be submitted to Human Resources at Lord Grey or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 18th May 2018.
Interviews will take place week commencing 21.5.18.
The school is committed to safeguarding children. The successful applicant will require an enhanced DBS check.