The BSP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our children. All members of staff are trained in child protection. We ensure successful candidates are police checked on appointment and that all staff will report concerns through our child protection policy.
Headmaster: Mr Nicholas Hammond is seeking to appoint a well-qualified and highly motivated Head of Physics to start in September 2021.
Full time and permanent post.
The British School of Paris is a non-selective co-educational school which provides British education of a high quality to an international student clientele.
The successful candidate will join a large and thriving department and will be expected to teach at KS3, 4 and 5. In addition to subject teaching, the successful candidate will:
• provide leadership in the teaching of the subject throughout the Senior School
• ensure that the School’s educational policies are implemented within the department
• ensure that the practice and development of the department reflect and promote the School’s aims and objectives
• ensure good order and discipline within the department
• be responsible to the Head of Faculty for all academic matters concerning the operation of the Department
• review the work of the department on an ongoing basis and to participate in a formal annual review with the Head of Faculty
• and will have evidence of having participated in recent CPD opportunities
All applicants must be fully qualified teachers with recent experience of the British national curriculum and should expect to contribute fully to the wider life of the school. An ability and willingness to be involved in Sports lessons would be a plus.
A valid EU passport or having already obtained a full French work permit would be an advantage.
Please consult full details for this post and our application procedure on our website. To apply please send us your completed Application Form, updated CV and covering letter by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the 1st of March 2021 at noon.
Interviews will be held in Paris if possible or remotely via Teams or Skype.
The British School of Paris is committed to creating an environment which reflects our diverse pupil population. Its policy is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of race, colour or nationality, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religion or disability, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable. Selection criteria and procedures are frequently reviewed to ensure that individuals are selected based on their individual and relevant merits and abilities. All employees are given equal opportunities and, where appropriate, special training to progress within the School.
The British School of Paris
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
The British School of Paris is a non-selective co-educational independent school which provides British education of a high quality to an international student clientele. Founded in 1954 as a centre of holistic education for a British ex-patrio...