Mander Portman Woodward (MPW) London was founded in 1973 and is one of London’s best known independent colleges. Situated in South Kensington, the college is fully co-educational and accepts over 600 students each year. Students are prepared for GCSE, A level, University and Oxbridge Entrance. In its October 2013 ISI inspection report, the college was judged as excellent in all eight areas assessed.
MPW London are now looking to appoint an experienced Head of Department - Physics to join us.
The successful applicant must have:
- A good first degree in a relevant discipline
- Recent experience of teaching the subject at the relevant level(s)
- An excellent track record of securing outstanding results
- A record of continuous professional development in the subject
- Demonstrated Leadership capability
- A passion and commitment for Physics
- Experience of drafting a departmental annual budget and for efficient utilisation of the funds made available to enhance the department
- Experience in recruitment of team members
- Experience of conducting departmental appraisals
In return, MPW offers:
- Annual Salary Review
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Season Ticket Loan
- Small class sizes (maximum of 9) to allow our tutors to focus on quality teaching with ongoing assessment and feedback with students
- ongoing support from our Directors of Studies who uniquely support all students throughout the year and liaise with guardians and parents on behalf of tutors
- a supportive and informal work culture
- bespoke opportunities for training
If you feel this role suits your next career move and you wish to join our strong team we would love to hear from you. Please see the Job Description attached for further information and complete the application form.
The college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.