“You are rightly proud that The Marlborough Science Academy is a caring, welcoming school in which pupils are safe and learn in a calm environment.” OFSTED
Maintained as a “Good” School in February 2018
We have an exciting opportunity to appoint a Head of Physics to further progress the strong attainment already achieved in this subject.
As a Science Academy we have an important part to play in the engagement and inspiration of young people across the science disciplines. Our Head of Faculty is a fantastic practitioner whose experience, enthusiasm and creativity has firmly established Science as a favourite area for learning in the school and a popular choice for study Post 16. We are now looking to add to our team with an equally talented practitioner as part of the continued growth of the Science Faculty.
We are looking to appoint colleagues who:
- Can bring Science to life in the classroom for all key stages
- Is passionate about hands-on, practical learning in Science
- Is excited about working with the HOF to build on current successes and contribute towards the long term vision of the faculty
- Has a genuine regard for young people
- Enjoys working in a team
- Is ambitious for their students and themselves
- Has resilience, determination and vision.
As a school we can offer you:
- A warm and supportive learning environment
- Time to do your job
- An enthusiastic and vibrant student body
- Well-resourced Science faculty in which to work
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
If you like the sound of the above, we want to hear from you. We offer a fringe salary rate and continuous service recognition for colleagues transferring from a school in the Herts LEA area.
Applications to be made by 9am, Monday 16th April 2018 with interview date to be confirmed as appropriate. Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of this advertisement.
Visits to the school are welcomed and can be arranged by calling Ann Tyson on 01727 731 395. To find out more about what it is like to work in our school please watch our video here.
Applications should include application form/person spec form and a covering letter (one side of A4) outlining what you will bring to our school and the science faculty. Applications to Ann Tyson HR Assistant by close date at email@example.com
The school supports and promotes the safeguarding of children and is an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview. This vacancy will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and will require the candidates to evidence the right to work in the UK.