Head of Physics.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive independent school, based in Suffolk. The school is looking to add a Head of Physics to their progressive and supportive Science Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include managing the delivery of Physics at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will lead your department to enhance provision and will get the chance to lead on exciting project work throughout the year. Project work may include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. However, as Head of Department you will have full autonomy to ensure your department meets targets and exceeds needs of our learners. You will lead by example, supporting and empowering your department’s teachers, staff and pupils to achieve to the best of their ability.
“This is an excellent opportunity for a well-qualified, enthusiastic and inspirational teacher to take on the leadership of a well-resourced and successful physics department from September 2021 or January 2022.
The role would suit someone seeking promotion and looking to take on wider responsibility, or an experienced Head of Department willing to work as part of a team with the other Heads of Science. The Head of Physics will provide the department with dynamic and creative leadership and will possess the leadership and communications skills necessary to support and motivate others. Successful applicants will have an understanding of the commitment required in a large boarding and day school."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQSL and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Physics Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Physics up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience managing a department: specifically people and departmental management
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1417898 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email email@example.com for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1417898 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...