Renaissance International School Saigon (Renaissance) is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools and is a member of the Federation of British International Schools in Asia (FOBISIA.) The school offers a continuous education across the range of Early Years 1 to Year 13 and the curriculum is based on the English National Curriculum supported by the International Primary Curriculum. Students in the Secondary follow a programme of studies that leads to the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) at the end of Year 11 and the International Baccalaureate Diploma at the end of Year 13.
Established in 2007, Renaissance is situated in a purpose built facility in District 7, Ho Chi Minh city and the current student population stands at 543 of whom approximately half are in the Primary & Early Years. The student demographic is representative of 27 nationalities with host country and Korean nationals being the two largest groups. The faculty is equally diverse with teachers coming predominantly from Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and Vietnam whilst our students graduate into top universities and colleges around the world.
Renaissance is looking to employ a Head of Primary & Early Years from 01 August 2020 to lead the Early Years and Primary sections of the school.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, passionate and committed educator able to demonstrate successful leadership experience in an international school setting. Experience with Early Years is preferred but is not essential. Further, the successful candidate will be student-centred, highly motivated, a team player and fully understand the role and function of an educational leader in a small school environment and the demands that such a role often has.
The school is interested in receiving applications from teachers who can demonstrate the following:
• A relevant Bachelor’s Degree and PGCE or equivalent – Masters preferred.
• Successful leadership experience as a Head of Primary or similar in an international school environment.
• A strong and diverse curriculum background and demonstrated experience in curriculum development in a Primary School setting.
• A strong commitment to student welfare and student well-being and to actively engaging parents as part of a wider learning community.
• Adaptability, flexibility and a willingness to actively embrace the host country culture.
• The ability to motivate and engage faculty around a shared vision and shared understandings, promote a collaborative and team based culture and lead by example.
• The ability to effectively analyse student achievement data as a tool to enhance student learning and programme development.
• A strong background in Information Technology, pedagogy and teacher recruitment.
• A sound working knowledge of Child Protection policies and procedures.
• Experience with school accreditation and/ or school inspection processes and a commitment to school improvement in general.
• A ‘can do’ attitude, good listening skills, a strong command of English and excellent communication skills.
A competitive salary and benefits package including - accommodation, global health insurance,settling in allowance, annual return home flights and gratuity will be available to the successful candidate.
Interested candidates should email a two page curriculum vitae to the school’s HR Department at email@example.com and include details of all relevant work experience, educational qualifications, educational philosophy and the names and contact details of three professional referees.
The closing date for applications will be 8.00am (Viet Nam time) on Friday 11 October 2019. Early application is encouraged as Renaissance reserves the right to appoint as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Renaissance is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Appointments are made subject to appropriate vetting procedures and police checks.
For additional on the school please visit our website: http://www.renaissance.edu.vn.