International School of ModenaModena, Italy
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
Suitable for NQTs: No
International School of Modena
Role: Head of Primary & PYP Coordinator
Salary: upon application
Location: Modena, Italy
Contract type: Full Time, to start January 2021. (Will consider later start date for exceptional candidates)
Deadline for submission of applications: 27th November
Candidates should be well-qualified, committed to high standards, interested in using innovative approaches to teaching and learning and enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
Interviews will be held via Skype with the Principal. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible as interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Head of Primary and PYP Coordinator as part of the Senior Leadership Team to join our dedicated and professional team. The successful candidate should be well-qualified, with the vision and energy to engage and empower young people and colleagues alike. This position will provide the correct candidate with the opportunity to lead on the continued growth and development of the primary school as well as the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of our school.
A strong commitment to high professional standards, high quality learning, sustained high achievement and attainment and open communication is essential. We pride ourselves on the commitment offered by our friendly and professional staff. Applicants must be willing to be active, flexible participants in a hard-working team.
Preference will be given to candidates who are able to offer EAL, Learning support, Language Acquisition or a performing art, however, all suitable candidates will be considered.
The candidate must possess the following experience, skills and knowledge:
• To be in possession of a university degree and an appropriate teaching qualification
• At least 2 years’ experience in a leadership role within a primary school setting including Early Years
• Experience of teaching within the PYP (Minimum 3 years)
• To be an EU passport holder or already be in possession of a valid visa that enables to work in Italy.
• A passion for teaching and the ability to provide an inspiring education
• A commitment to, and belief in, the IB mission statement and pedagogical approaches
• A detailed knowledge and understanding of the structure and functioning of the IB Primary Years Programme
• Ability to inspire and motivate staff and young people, maintaining a high standard of work at all times
• Experience of managing and coaching staff
• Experience of using IT to raise achievement and as a management tool
• Diligent, hardworking, and prepared to lead by example
• Flexibility and willingness to go above and beyond
• Exceptional organisational and administrative skills
• High quality communication skills, and well-developed interpersonal capabilities
• Solution focused thinker
• Willingness to engage with parents in order to encourage their close involvement in the education of their children
• Committed to maintaining confidentiality and dealing with sensitive information
• A good understanding of safeguarding and child protection procedures and policies
Why work with us?
• A knowledgeable and talented staff body committed to supporting the very best in student achievement
• IB professional development during employment
• A competitive salary
• Support settling into Italy with our Relocation Agents
• Free lunches cooked freshly by our on-site team
• A small, modern and colourful school where teachers are highly respected as professionals and afforded a good degree of autonomy to teach in a creative and exciting way
• A beautiful part of the world.
Located in the attractive and rural countryside, approximately 15 minutes from the city of Modena, the doors of the International School of Modena open every day to approximately 240 students of around 27 nationalities. A perfect structure for collaborative inquiry-driven study, an environment that will help them to grow to become active citizens of “a world without frontiers”. Our unique and stimulating campus, surrounded by open countryside, boasts an attractive design and excellent sport facilities, and is an ideal learning environment for students aged 3 and beyond.
IS Modena is a fully authorised International Baccalaureate (IB) continuum school offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP, ages 3-11), Middle Years Programme (MYP, ages 11-16) and Diploma Programme (DP, ages 16-18). We endeavour to deliver the International Baccalaureate programmes together with the school’s core values and the IB’s Learner Profile embodied in everything that we do. Both the school and the group to which it belongs, have an established record of success in the IB, from age 3 all the way through to admission to the world’s leading universities at age 18.
Perhaps most of note is the sense of collaboration that exists amongst all members of the school community. This is most evident in the way in which our highly qualified teachers and inquisitive students work towards a common goal of academic success which is seamlessly balanced with an inherent commitment to active global citizenship at every level.
More information about the school can be found on our website at http://internationalschoolofmodena.it The school is one of several very su ccessful Italian schools belonging to ISE (International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired (www.inspirededu.co.uk), a worldwide networ k of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
Our host city
Modena is located in the Emilia Romagna region of Italy which is world renowned for its outstanding food and wine production. Modena itself is famous for being the home of one of the World’s greatest tenors, Luciano Pavarotti and home to Ferrari motorcars as well as being the production centre for Balsamic vinegar. The city itself has some beautiful architecture and green spaces with a population of 185,000. Modena is centrally located in the north of Italy with the city of Bologna 20 minutes away, Verona just over an hour away and Florence about one and a half hours away. Milan can also be easily reached by train within two hours.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should apply via the TES including the following information:
- Letter of application, referring to the requirements of the job description;
- CV with photo;
- Contact details of three referees (one of which must be the Head/Principal from most recent appointment)
All documents must be provided in English.
The person appointed will be expected to begin work in January 2021 unless negotiated with the Principal. Before this date a criminal record check will need to be completed as part of our child safeguarding policy.
The school takes safeguarding children very seriously and all staff will be subject to rigorous checks; the interview process will include safeguarding and staff conduct.
More about International School of Modena
Type: Mainstream School
Phase: All-through with sixth form
Funding status: Independent
Age Range: 3 - 18 years
Address: Piazza Montessori, 1/A, Montale Rangone (MO), 41051, Italy
Telephone: +39 59 530 649
The International School of Modena is a mixed, non-selective, non-denominational independent all-through school in Italy, serving students from the age of 2-18. The all-through school, situated in Montale Rangone, Modena, has approximately 240 ...