The British International School of Kuala Lumpur (BSKL) is one of the leading international schools in Kuala Lumpur offering contemporary British international education to students from Pre-Nursery through to Sixth Form.
The school has three visually arresting campuses - Lower, Junior and Secondary - providing a range of excellent learning environments. BSKL has been graded as excellent in all areas of educational provision by the Independent Schools Inspectorate, and is a member of Nord Anglia Education (NAE) offering numerous opportunities for professional growth.
We are seeking an inspirational and dynamic person to lead our Primary School. The successful candidate will be a current Head with a proven track record of strong leadership of a primary school. The ideal candidate will possess the ability, creativity and aspiration to lead a team in pursuit of the highest educational standards. He or she will be a person of kindness and integrity who will always put the needs of pupils first. He or she will be an excellent communicator who enjoys positive relationships with colleagues, pupils and parents, and will be comfortable with leading change to benefit all stakeholders. He or she will play an integral role in the decision making of the Whole School Leadership Team. This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly capable educator to lead this excellent school through the next phase of its development.
Suitable candidates for this post will:
- Lead the planning and development of the Primary school and take charge of its day-to-day operations;
- Foster a culture of high standards that aims to bring out the best in every member of the school;
- Be effective in creating an atmosphere of decency and trust in which pupils and staff can thrive;
- Ensure that every Primary pupil is working towards ambitious and achievable academic and personal goals;
- Continually evaluate the impact of all school initiatives on pupil wellbeing, personal development and achievements;
- Ensure the Primary school is properly staffed with professionals of the highest calibre possible
- Implement an effective appraisal system that promotes a culture of continuous development and self reflection;
- Promote the sharing of good practice and contribute to the development of common standards and practices both within the school and the broader NAE community;
- Oversee efficient and effective tracking and monitoring procedures;
- Liaise with our parent body formally through our parent forum and keep them well informed of our school values;
- Play an active role in the Primary pupil admission process;
- Be comfortable promoting the use of technology to support learning.
The closing date is 15th February 2018 although early applications are strongly encouraged; the school may appoint an outstanding candidate ahead of this deadline.
Remuneration includes a competitive salary, a generous pension/gratuity scheme, housing, international medical cover, annual flights, relocation allowance and bursaries for accompanying children.
The Nord Anglia education Group and all NAE schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening including checks with past employers. An enhanced DBS check is required.