British International School Riyadh
(3-18, BSME, CIS, co-educational, English-medium school)
Principal: Chris Mantz M.Ed.
Do you want to be part of an exciting, innovative and rewarding learning environment with highly motivated students, excellent teachers and supportive parents?
HEAD OF PRIMARY required for August 2018
The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of Primary. The role is to support the Principal and Board of Governors in their continued development of a dynamic and leading international school that is committed to academic excellence. The Head of Primary will have responsibilities for the strategic development of the Primary School, the teaching and learning from Pre-School through to Key Stage 2. He/She will monitor the School’s Strategic Plan.
Key to the above will be a seminal contribution to framing and communicating the shared vision for BISR which is built upon the creation and delivery of a high performance learning culture.
The successful candidate will:
- be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognised in the UK through the NARIC process;
- have NPQH or equivalent, MA/MEd, or a commitment to obtain one of these qualifications within 3-5 years;
- put students at the heart of the education process;
- fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
- believe in the values of international and inter-culturalism in an educational context;
- have substantial relevant recent professional development;
- have recent safeguarding training;
- currently be a Head, Deputy or Assistant Head of Primary;
- have significant experience in schools/schools delivering the UK curriculum across part or whole of the 3–11 age range;
- show evidence of long term commitment to a school or schools;
- show significant middle/senior leadership experience with demonstrable success;
- have a clear educational philosophy with the ability to turn vision into reality;
- have an effective range of leadership competencies with a commitment to excellence at every level, and a determination to hold self and others to account;
- show commitment to a high performance Learning culture;
- command credibility through the discharge of the functions of the role, and an ability to influence others;
- work as part of a team;
- have a high level of interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, as well as a good sense of humour.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Mrs Cheryl Wood (email@example.com) who will arrange a chat with the Principal
If you encounter difficulty with the online procedure, please contact Mrs Jackie Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org)
BISR Recruitment Policy
British Schools Overseas Report
Council of International Schools Accreditation Report
To apply, please follow the link: https://uptic.net/job/468 and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines;
Closing date for all applications: Thursday 26th October 2017 at 10:00 (KSA)
BISR believes very strongly in the role of the school in safeguarding children and young people. All staff, whatever their role in the school, will require to undergo rigorous background checks before commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa