Victoria International School of Sharjah is an international independent Pre KG to Year 12 coeducational school of over 1500 students in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. VISS founded in 2007 by His Highness Sheikh Dr Sultan Bin Mohammed Al-Qasimi, Ruler of Sharjah. VISS has close working relationship with the Victorian Department of Education and VCAA under a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to deliver the world class Australian (Victoria) Curriculum internationally.
Applications are invited from dynamic, innovative, experienced and suitably qualified professional for the position of:
Head of Primary School and ELC
To commence - August 2019
The Head of Primary School and ELC is responsible to the Executive Principal for all aspects of the day-to-day management of the Primary School and ELC. The Head of school will be an integral member of the Executive leadership team.
The Head of Primary School and ELC is supported by his/her own leadership team within the Primary School and ELC.
- A dynamic and innovative educator,
- Understanding of the Australian (Victorian) curriculum is preferred,
- Proven educational leadership experience, including budget management,
- A demonstrated understanding and knowledge of primary school and early learning pedagogy, assessment and reporting, and effective use of data,
- A total commitment to quality teaching,
- An ability to inspire and encourage students and staff,
- An ability to build strong relationships with both the parent and wider communities, in keeping with the school’s vision and mission,
- An ability to collaborate in a K-12 environment,
- An understanding of, and ability to, work cross culturally in an international environment,
- Strong personal values, work ethic and emotional intelligence, and
- An ability to represent the school in the wider international education community
Applications should include a current CV with names and contacts of two professional referees with a cover letter outlining your educational vision and how your leadership skills including the following five domains and how you will assist in the success of the school.
- Technical Leadership
- Human Leadership
- Symbolic Leadership
- Educational Leadership
- Cultural Leadership
Interviews to be conducted in Melbourne and New Zealand March 2019 or Skype.
Position descriptions and application details are available by emailing the Executive Principal’s EA Julie Howell at email@example.com
Applications close 17 February 2019.