Head of Primary School
Evgeny Primakov Gymnasium in cooperation with StudyLab School seeks a Head of Primary to start the job duties in September 2017 in Moscow. This position is for an experienced Primary Teacher or a Head of Department, looking for a leadership role. The job offers an opportunity to be a part of the founding team of a new school in an upper-class village in Moscow, Evgeny Primakov Gymnasium, which will open in September 2017.
Overview of role:
Head of Primary will be responsible for guiding a team of six Primary teachers: Drama, Arts & Crafts and English as a Second Language. The subjects will be taught on an extracurricular basis to the Russian students aged 7-11 years old. The lessons take place 5 days a week in small groups of 8-10 students and last from 9.00 to 15.40 pm, each per 90 min.
Head of Primary will ensure that Primary teachers:
- set up high expectations in a class
- build engaging, collaborative and innovative learning environment
- display various methodologies and activities in a classroom
- have full support in the choice of study materials, both online and offline
- are well prepared for the lessons
- arrange formal and informal assessments of the students throughout the year
- receive feedback on their performance and further recommendations on developing their proficiency
- regularly participate in trainings and workshops aimed at raising and unifying teaching standards among all Primary school teachers
Head of Primary School covers any of the primary teachers if necessary.The position reports to the Headmaster.
- University degree in Primary Education, PGCE in Primary Education
- EFL qualifications TEFL/TESOL
- Experience in teaching non-native students 3+ years
- Strong classroom management skills
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Capacity to lead the team and set high academic standards across Primary School
The successful candidate
- A leader and a self-starter, energetic and team-oriented
- A willingness to make a minimum of 2 years commitment to the position
- Understanding of different educational paradigms and methodologies, ability to synthesize them on order to create a unique learning experience
- Passionate about child development
- Ability to speak Russian is a plus, but not required
Why consider Evgeny Primakov Gymnasium?
- Brand new school with top-notch facilities in upper-class village in Moscow
- A team of 12 native English-speaking teachers from the UK and USA
- Academic support, English speaking staff
- Small class sizes: 8-10 students
- Competitive pay from 3,300 GBP per month after tax
- Basic health insurance
- Work permit and full visa support
- Furnished accommodation near the School
- Transfer to School and from School
- 8 weeks of paid vacation throughout the year
Evgeny Primakov Gymnasium and StudyLab School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers, criminal record check and the DBS.
Please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the school can be seen by visiting our website http://ogprim.ru
Telephone applications will not be accepted