Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
About the School
GEMS Wellington Academy - Silicon Oasis (WSO) is a distinctive and special place where children feel valued and imagination is very much alive. They encourage the various talents of their students in order to ensure that they all develop a confidence and independence that is recognised by everyone who meets them.
GEMS Wellington Academy – Silicon OASIS opened in 2011 and is a Premium British School in a prestigious area of Dubai.
GEMS Wellington Academy – Silicon OASIS provides a progression from the Early Years Foundation Stage through an enriched and developed National Curriculum for England into personalised qualification pathways, incorporating IGCSE, GCSE, IB, A’ Level and BTEC, WSO looks to cultivate a spirit of cooperation, tolerance and mutual respect whilst encouraging individual students to feel that their unique contribution is valued.
Offering world-class facilities, GEMS Wellington Academy - Silicon Oasis places special emphasis on blended learning and the integration of technology into the curriculum, in keeping with the educational rationale of the Academy and the vision of the Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority.
As children mature, they are able to scrutinize their academic progress and build a precise picture of each child’s potential; this allows them to reward a child’s hard work over a period of time and brings Early Years Foundation and more senior curricula much closer together, acknowledging that GEMS Wellington Academy - Silicon Oasis is very much one Academy.
At GEMS Wellington Academy – Silicon OASIS, the key objective is to equip students for the 21st Century and enable them develop a skill-set to succeed in an uncertain future.
About the Role
GEMS Wellington Academy, Silicon Oasis, are looking for an outstanding, innovative leader to join the GEMS Wellington Family in the position of Primary Principal. The successful candidate will play a major role on the Executive Leadership Team supporting the Principal/ CEO in driving forward the Primary school from September 2022.
The post holder will be responsible for supporting the schools Vision and Mission as well as all policies, academic standards and pastoral support, alongside shaping & implementing the educational strategy for the school.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Embracing and encouraging the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
• Overseeing all aspects of provision in the Primary School as the school develops.
• Ensuring high quality care and support for students in the Primary School.
• Ensuring high academic standards in the Primary School in relation to the schools own desire for all students to be the best they can as well as a commitment to the UAE National Agenda targets.
• Managing budgets and undertake teaching and other professional duties as reasonably delegated by the Principal.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be:
• An effective and dynamic leader with a proven track record in sustained school improvement that can be demonstrated through hard data.
• Rigorous in promoting excellence and developing commitment to high standards of care and opportunities for all.
• Able to demonstrate success of leading and managing staff including promoting and developing innovative approaches to learning.
• Experienced in developing teacher’s skills and competencies through a sustained school improvement model such as coaching.
• Able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of best practice pedagogy from FS to Y6 or a significant age range span.
• Able to demonstrate a desire to be innovative and creative in the provision offered for all learners to ensure everyone can succeed.
• Knowledgeable in computational thinking and skills needed to succeed through vocational pathways or a willingness to learn about these.
• Able to demonstrate a commitment to inclusion.
• Able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about student culture and experience and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would welcome your application.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax free salary, accommodation, schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of service gratuity
GEMS Wellington Academy is a British and IB blended curriculum Academy. The Academy’s vision is to empower every student to follow their own pathway within a diverse environment. GEMS Wellington Academy inspires all students to be open-minded, empath...