Lancaster has a reputation as a vibrant, forward-thinking and diverse educational establishment. While the school offers a strong educational programme, combining local and international curricula, from pre-school to graduation, the focus is on helping students develop their own individuality and sense of purpose.
The Lancaster School is a non-profit, private bilingual school founded in 1979 and is located in the south of Mexico City. With 850 students spread across two sites there is a strong sense of community and this drives much of what we do in our daily work. Lancaster also has a reputation for being an unconventional school and this is, in ways large and small, indeed true. For many of us at the school believe Lancaster offers a unique teaching and learning experience which enriches our professional lives.
The school is keen to appoint a HEAD OF SITE (PRIMARY) that is confident and supportive whilst having a view to leading the continual development of this well established school. The ideal candidate will be motivated and willing to learn as much as to lead, all in the service of enhancing the school’s ability to provide a rich education for our students. They will have a genuine passion for education and a desire to work with students, colleagues and the community together in building on the school’s unique strengths.
Lancaster School is looking to appoint a Head of Site (Primary) for January 2020 or August 2020.
The successful candidate will serve as a the leader for the Primary site and is responsible for the total operation of the section, including administration of all phases of the educational program for over 400 students aged 3-12 and leadership for 45 education staff plus approximately 30 support staff. They will have take a strategic role in the future development of the school’s implementation of the Primary Years Curriculum (PYP) and ensuring the school continues to focus on the development of the whole child.
We seek a school leader who has a genuine passion for education, a proven record of success in a primary school position of responsibility, and the leadership ability to continue the development of the school in line with the Lancaster School Mission and Philosophy. They will demonstrate the skills to manage the day to day operations of a site serving over 400 students and 45 educational staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent communicator and listener, preferably in both Spanish and English
- Embrace the unique philosophy and values of Lancaster School and lead the development of the Primary (3-12 years old) within that philosophy
- Have a passion for the educational develop of children in the early years and primary phase
- Be committed to diversity and inclusive education, balancing academic requirements with the development of students as individuals beyond a set of academic outcomes
- Nurture a purposeful, caring and inclusive atmosphere where all students have an opportunity to develop and be recognised for their efforts
- Understand that leading learning is at the heart of school leadership and be committed to a collaborative approach to school development
- Engage with students, teachers, parents and the wider community in a manner that builds relationships
- Show flexibility in their approach to their role and discerning when to lead from the front and when to foster leadership capacities in others
- Mentor faculty to support their professional growth and career development
- Assume responsibility for sound financial planning and management in support of the operation of the site
- Contribute to the overall development of the school, including strategic planning, facilities development and financial planning
The closing date for applications is Friday 6th September 2019
Lancaster offers a competitive local salary, an accomodation allowance, health insurance and bursaries for accompanying children. Lancaster believes everyone is a lifelong learner and so we support all our staff with their ongoing professional learning.
More details about Lancaster can be found on the School’s website http://www.lancaster.edu.mx/.
To apply please submit your application to the Headteacher, Tom Gething, including:
- a letter of application outling your reasons for being interested in the post
- a copy of your current professional CV
- contact telephone number
- Skype or FaceTime address
- names of three professional referees with contact details, including email addresses.
All applications should be sent to this school at email@example.com