Reporting to the Director of Business and Marketing, we are looking to appoint a dynamic individual as Head of Schools to lead our significant global business in the K12 sector. The role will be responsible for the strategic direction of our schools business; developing and coordinating the implementation of sector and related product strategies. The Head of Schools is a key role within Cambridge English, responsible for leading a team of sector specialists and working with other departments in Cambridge as well as our Global Network, to deliver the sustained growth of our schools business.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the organisation, in liaison with Director Business and Marketing, in developing and implementing sector and product strategy for the K12 sector
- Develop and own the strategy and P&L for the sector, in close liaison with Global Head of Marketing and Director Global Network, ensuring resources are in place to deliver product and sector profitability
- Devise and develop sales, marketing and product strategy to significantly increase revenue from teacher development qualifications
- Ensure Cambridge English has a deep understanding of competitor developments and customer requirements within the Schools sector, ensuring appropriate actions is taken to retain and grow market share
- As part of the Business & Marketing Senior Management team, make a major contribution to the development of overall strategy and policy, deputising for the Director as required
What we’re looking for
This is a challenging, but stimulating role that requires a strategic leader with a proven track record in leading a team.
We looking for someone who:
- is educated to a degree level, preferably with a postgraduate qualification in business or marketing
- is a strategic thinker who can identify opportunities for growth and what needs to be done to exploit them
- has b2b marketing and/or business development experience
- has considerable experience of leading teams and collaborating closely across departments and/or working in a matrix
- Has relevant experience in the ELT or education business
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
Who we are
Cambridge English Language Assessment (www.cambridgeenglish.org) is a division of Cambridge Assessment (www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk), a not-for-profit department of University of Cambridge. We develop and produce the most valuable range of qualifications for learners and teachers of English in the world. Over 5 million people in 130 countries take our exams every year. Around the world over 20,000 universities, employers, government ministries and other organisations rely on our exams and qualifications as proof of English language ability.
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Subsidised canteens
- Corporate discounts on Gym memberships and car rental
- Support for professional qualifications
This role can be classed as a secondment opportunity for internal candidates with approval from your line manager.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 22 March 2017 and interviews will be held on 6 & 7 April 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER