Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., is an exciting company in the world of international education. We offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China, Japan and Nigeria through to full degree programmes, in partnership with universities at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support, we provide international students with high quality, flexible international education and study opportunities.
Part of Kaplan Inc., Liverpool International College (LIC) operates in partnership with the University of Liverpool to provide a pathway for international students to enter onto both Undergraduate and Post Graduate degrees. We see students from over 50 countries develop and flourish academically as they prepare for university life.
We’re now looking for a confident and creative leader to join us as Head of Programmes at the College; someone who can work with students, College staff and the University of Liverpool to deliver an outstanding learning experience.
This is a crucial role for the College as it provides the leadership and vision for developing high quality learning opportunities that enable a diverse group of students to achieve and progress to the University of Liverpool. There is much scope for innovation and creativity in this role as the College is continually reviewing and developing the curriculum and teaching and learning to respond to the changing needs of students and Higher Education. The College ethos is one of support and aspiration for both our students and our staff and the successful candidate will be joining a vibrant and visionary team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Strategic planning, management and quality assurance of designated curriculum areas
- Maintaining academic oversight of the delivery, assessment and monitoring of designated curriculum areas
- Line management of Curriculum Managers
- Providing academic leadership to and management of a team of full-time and sessional staff
- Designing and implementing innovative learning and teaching methods that reflect current best practice in the sector
- Collating, reporting on and responding to student performance data and student feedback
- Representing the College at appropriate events and meetings within Kaplan International Colleges, Kaplan International, the University of Liverpool and externally
- Being a member of the College’s Senior Management Team to drive excellence and continuous improvement
You will enjoy working with international students, be customer orientated and performance driven. In addition you’ll have:
- Experience of academic management and quality assurance in UK further and/or higher education or other relevant educational settings
- A Bachelor degree and preferably a Master’s degree or higher
- A teaching qualification e.g. PG Cert, PGCE
- An understanding of the dynamics of working with international students
- The ability to develop a responsive curriculum that meets the needs of a wide cohort of students and leads to the development of skills needed in UK Higher Education
- Experience of implementing innovative learning and teaching methods that engage students, including the use of technology
- A student-centered and client-focused approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a performance-driven team player and leader
Location and Start Date:
Location: Liverpool International College
Sir Alastair Pilkington Building
Start Date: Summer 2017
Application method and closing date
Apply with your CV and covering letter by midnight, Sunday 25th June 2017.
If you would like an informal discussion or arrange a visit to the College, please contact the College Director, Leelee Yates (Leelee.firstname.lastname@example.org).
This appointment will be subject to clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Employment is conditional upon successful completion of DBS and professional reference checks. Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.