This is an exciting opportunity for you to develop your career, implement new strategies and lead our already successful Psychology department. You will be an outstanding teacher, experienced in raising attainment with strong leadership skills and full of energy and enthusiasm for their subject. For the right candidate there may be further faculty responsibility available.
Leventhorpe is a successful, oversubscribed Business and Enterprise Academy with keen and respectful learners. It was rated ‘Outstanding’ in all 5 categories by Ofsted in 2012. We are an accredited Teaching School, currently Leventhorpe is also the lead school for School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) within the Bishop’s Stortford Educational Trust (BSET).
This exciting and challenging post requires an enthusiastic, hardworking, conscientious and energetic individual.
To be successful you will:
• have a passion for the teaching and learning of psychology
• have excellent subject knowledge
• be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
• have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students
• be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress.
In return we can provide:
• a positive working environment in a heavily oversubscribed school with an excellent academic record and high standards which places strong emphasis on student learning and achievement
• first-rate personal career development with high local and regional profile through our training school status
• subsidised Nuffield fitness gym membership
• excellent facilities. In recent years we have experienced an intensive capital build programme, including most recently a £6 million new sports complex (sports hall, fitness suite, dance studio, all-weather pitch and floodlit tennis courts), £1 million Learning Resource Centre, re-modelling of Design & Technology facilities, £150k annual investment in ICT provision. To accommodate our expanding roll, a further £7M investment is planned to build a new, state-of-the-art performing arts block alongside a brand-new science and sixth form block.
• judged Outstanding in all respects in January 2012
• priority admission for children of staff after a qualifying period
For further information and to apply, click the Apply link.
Closing date: 12 noon, Monday 27th January 2020.
Interviews will take place later in the week.
Leventhorpe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for all successful applicants.