We currently have an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic Head of Psychology to join a successful and talented team of staff
Contract Basis: Fixed term basis of 1 year in the first instance
Interview Date: Interviews will take place adopting social distancing principles and in accordance with our COVID risk assessment
In addition to the job specification for teaching staff, the Head of Subject Area (Psychology) will also include the following responsibilities:
• Support the Head of Faculty in the day-to-day running of the faculty
• Take the lead role and responsibility for driving Teaching and Learning of Psychology and Criminology at Key Stage 5
• Monitor the progress of students in Psychology and Criminology within Key Stage 5 and, along with the Head of Faculty, intervene where appropriate
• Develop appropriate resources for improving teaching and learning in the faculty
• Support colleagues in their teaching throughout the faculty
• Act as an appraiser
• Carry out other tasks as reasonably directed by the Principal
We are looking for an individual who demonstrates accountability and ownership for own work duties and activities and carries them out to a high standard and with integrity.
St George’s Academy is a large, successful, 11-18 mixed secondary school of 2,200 students (including 380 in the sixth form and 470 on our Ruskington Campus) with outstanding facilities in all areas. The Academy serves Sleaford, Ruskington and the surrounding Lincolnshire villages.
If you would like to join a very supportive team in an Academy of enthusiastic, friendly and dedicated staff, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Further details including the job description for the role and application forms are available from our website at www.st-georges-academy.org . Please note that CVs are not acceptable.
Should you have any questions you can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01529 301162.
St George’s Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
St George's Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
St George’s Academy was first established in May 1908, with 208 children on roll. The school was one of the first Technology Colleges; it has been Grant Maintained and was a Foundation School before becoming an Academy in January 2010. Th...